Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-13: Cubs (Montgomery) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 1-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fun game and great win. Maddon making moves like he knows the brewers are going to be around all year and needed a win to keep the narrative going. Brewers have to feel like a bit of a monkey is off their backs. Also Chacin has been fantastic. Very impressed with that dude!!

Sorry I don't trust Knebel at all. He'll walk at least two.

Good to be wrong.

Wrong wouldn’t be the word I’d use to describe that post.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Maddon managed that inning brilliantly. Don't know why anyone here is mad. Does anyone actually know that they aren't supposed to get warmup pitches again, or just don't feel like he should?

Umps usually side on player safety when it comes to warmup pitches thrown or not thrown. Whether that is the correct way to do it is certainly up for debate.

They didn't blow it, crickets from the chicken little crowd. Shocker. Why is it more fun for some fans to be miserable?

Like I said the other night, it's easy to be a pessimist. Lose and they get to gloat about how they were right. Win, and they get to see the Brewers do well. It's just a cop-out...

Verified Member
Chacin has been such a great pickup. Good job by Stearns for signing him instead of an underachieving big contract pitcher. Two shutout wins and the Cubs go away.

Sorry I don't trust Knebel at all. He'll walk at least two.

Good to be wrong.

Wrong wouldn’t be the word I’d use to describe that post.

What word? I love how everyone expects all fans to be optimists and are deeply offended by polite pessimists. There are different types of people! Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Me personally, I do it to protect my heavy emotional investment. So no need to respond to me in future.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

What word? I love how everyone expects all fans to be optimists and are deeply offended by polite pessimists. There are different types of people! Some are optimists, some are pessimists. Me personally, I do it to protect my heavy emotional investment. So no need to respond to me in future.

I get that there are different types of fandom, but I agree with the posters calling out the pessimists. It gets really, really old game after game. It is a cop out, like "Yay, I'm glad I'm wrong, go team!" No, you expected them to lose. You don't get to pass go.

They didn't blow it, crickets from the chicken little crowd. Shocker. Why is it more fun for some fans to be miserable?

Like I said the other night, it's easy to be a pessimist. Lose and they get to gloat about how they were right. Win, and they get to see the Brewers do well. It's just a cop-out...

Aren't you doing the same thing!? :laughing

"We won and I believed, boo on you"

Me personally, I don't gloat that we lose, I just go to bed pissed.

I get that there are different types of fandom, but I agree with the posters calling out the pessimists. It gets really, really old game after game. It is a cop out, like "Yay, I'm glad I'm wrong, go team!" No, you expected them to lose. You don't get to pass go.

He can't enjoy the win unless he expected to win the entire time? Seems a little harsh.

So what's the proper reaction? Ban me from forums?

If you’re going to be a pessimist, at least be an informed one. Calling that he’ll walk two, for really no reason other than wanting to be a Debbie Downer is flat out annoying. You should be able to see this... if you don’t.. [sarcasm]yes, full ban.[/sarcasm] Either way, everyone’s had their moments around here. Lessons learned. Cheers!
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

So what's the proper reaction? Ban me from forums?

No, not at all. We're all cheering for the same team. But there is a much different tone to something like "Hard to trust Knebel here" and "Knebel is going to walk the bases loaded and we're going to lose 3-1"

I guess I don't know the answer, other than to say that yes, reading the pessimistic Negative Nellie posts does lessen my enjoyment of the game and this site. Who knows, maybe I'm the one that needs banning?

Who knows, maybe I'm the one that needs banning?

giphy.gif

:laughing

It's probably all HighHeat's fault anyway guys

Oh, good, we can now make HighHeat jokes again! Lol :tongue

Archived