Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-12: Cubs (Chatwood) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-0; Anderson -- 7 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 6 K]

Eye Black
  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just watched it again and I'm on the Braun camp so to speak. First, the dive catch was actually a more impressive play. For the HR, I kind of though being a bit in front of the wall and that he caught that as he was going up and kind of carried it to the wall himself. As in, he didn't catch it at the peak of his jump, he caught lower and then brought it to the peak. Of course, not a big deal either way. But IMO I think it's short.

Wouldn’t worry about it. It was a nice play and for some, Braun can’t make nice plays.

Yeah Plush! Man you are such an anti-Braun... Next you'll deny Braun is neck and neck with Trout in HR and OPS...

Plush is pretty anti Braun, but I do find it funny that Braun has as many HRs and more RBIs than Bryant in about 50 or so at bats.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Going Williams first, keep going well man. I trust Barnes more so I'd have started there but this is fine too.

I trust him Williams more, so this is the way I would go.

Both have been hot. hope it keeps going. I don't think Barnes has given up a run since he came back up. And Williams multiple scoreless in a row

Jokes aside, you really don't think Braun robbed a HR last night?

I'm pretty indifferent. Was a very nice play whether he robbed Contreras or not... Braun had the diving catch, which was excellent so I can understand wanting the catch at the wall to be a robbed HR... I just thought he was far enough in front of the wall and given the trajectory of the ball that if Braun wasn't there to catch it it would have hit 2-3 feet below the yellow line.

Wouldn’t worry about it. It was a nice play and for some, Braun can’t make nice plays.

Yeah Plush! Man you are such an anti-Braun... Next you'll deny Braun is neck and neck with Trout in HR and OPS...

Plush is pretty anti Braun, but I do find it funny that Braun has as many HRs and more RBIs than Bryant in about 50 or so at bats.

If you checked you would actually find I compliment Braun in LF...RF, not so much.

Community Moderator
I just watched it again and I'm on the Braun camp so to speak. First, the dive catch was actually a more impressive play. For the HR, I kind of though being a bit in front of the wall and that he caught that as he was going up and kind of carried it to the wall himself. As in, he didn't catch it at the peak of his jump, he caught lower and then brought it to the peak. Of course, not a big deal either way. But IMO I think it's short.

HpDDXVR.jpg

That is the split second the ball hit his glove with his right hand just barely grazing the fence (well LED screen).

Now everyone can judge for themselves.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

But it's falling straight down and he's in front of the wall by a bit. He mgiht not have had to jump. It's close, I don't think anyone's crazy. 3 good plays in 2 days from him.

Great job Williams. he looked great, let him roll for the 9th

Who cares if it would have been out?????? Go back to yesterday's IGT and argue about it!

apparently several people talking very civilly to each other, what's wrong with that. as opposed to the folks shouting at them to stop

Which would mean a lot more if HR or RBI were useful stats for judging a player. Bryant has an .885 OPS, 139 wRC+ and 2.2 WAR. Braun has a .770, 101 and 0.6. Bryant has been an all star level player and Braun has been a little below average.

Why hasn’t Villar seen any time at SS? He started an entire season there in 2016. Especially if/when Miller comes up, why not put Villar at SS and Miller at 2B? Or even Perez? Any option is better than a Sogard/Arcia platoon...
I am not Shea Vucinich

Did Braun make a great catch? Yes.

Did Braun hurt himself doing it? No.

That's all I need to be happy.

:laughing Well, he isn’t in the lineup tonight.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

That is the split second the ball hit his glove with his right hand just barely grazing the fence (well LED screen).

Now everyone can judge for themselves.

I'm calling foul - that right arm doesn't look real... I want the lab that inspected the Zapruder film to look at this.... Until then I am not making any official statement.

Which would mean a lot more if HR or RBI were useful stats for judging a player. Bryant has an .885 OPS, 139 wRC+ and 2.2 WAR. Braun has a .770, 101 and 0.6. Bryant has been an all star level player and Braun has been a little below average.

really it's kind of surprising Braun's OPS and WAR are even that good with how poorly he's hit. Just a 3-4 week stretch of his old self would be huge to carry the offense for a bit and rack up some Ws until he get's hurt again.

:rolleyes :laughing My god. I wasn’t saying Braun is better than Bryant. Calm down there Cheech. But thanks for all those lovely stats.

Archived