Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]

Eye Black
  • Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IF they go on to lose this one. This could have a real negative affect on not only this series (Hader is done for the series) but for the homestand. They really need to pull this one out somehow.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Villar dropped a short hop.

Hader walked the run and gave up the RBI single to a lefty... But totally Villars fault!

Man how personal opinions change perspective.

If Villar makes the play on D that he should than the single isn't an RBI single.

And no one is excusing Hader. Didn't pitch well tonight. However, overall he's obviously contributed to a lot more wins.

Community Moderator
I don’t know why, but mistakes by Villar always seem extra frustrating. Between the typical base-running blunders and mistakes like that one this inning it doesn’t seems like there is a realistic chance he can become a first-division regular for this team.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

For those who constantly defend Villar, that right there is exactly why people don't like him. Because he is exactly the guy that most people would pick 9 out of 10 times to screw up something small and stupid like that that doesn't show up in the box score and ends up costing us the game.

I've defended him and I've criticized him. But he is 'that' guy.

Middle infielders do that countless times a day across the league. Villar has been pretty darn mistake free all year. So no, he isn’t really that guy this year. However because of 2016 he will always be assumed as that guy whether he makes those mistakes once a day or once a year.

This!

If you’re not gonna pitch to Rizzo, I’d rather you just hit him

Why wouldn't you pitch to him?

Sure looked like an unintentional intentional walk to me.

It wasn't......no way they wanted to move the lead run to 2nd.....and pitch around a lefty vs Hader to boot.

He just didn't have it tonight

Villar dropped a short hop.

Hader walked the run and gave up the RBI single to a lefty... But totally Villars fault!

Man how personal opinions change perspective.

If Villar makes the play on D that he should than the single isn't an RBI single.

And no one is excusing Hader. Didn't pitch well tonight. However, overall he's obviously contributed to a lot more wins.

And Villar has helped score more runs and had more good plays than he’s made mistakes ... things happen. Just seems we are unlucky in big games more than other team have been in recent memory ....

If you’re not gonna pitch to Rizzo, I’d rather you just hit him

Why wouldn't you pitch to him?

Sure looked like an unintentional intentional walk to me.

Did you miss the dead center fastball that got hit 550 feet foul?

For those who constantly defend Villar, that right there is exactly why people don't like him. Because he is exactly the guy that most people would pick 9 out of 10 times to screw up something small and stupid like that that doesn't show up in the box score and ends up costing us the game.

I've defended him and I've criticized him. But he is 'that' guy.

Middle infielders do that countless times a day across the league. Villar has been pretty darn mistake free all year. So no, he isn’t really that guy this year. However because of 2016 he will always be assumed as that guy whether he makes those mistakes once a day or once a year.

It isn't just on defense. Sometimes its something like not running out a long fly and ending up on 2nd when he should have been on 3rd. And yes, it's not always just him, Shaw has had a few untimely errors this year. But guys like Hader and Shaw more than compensate in overall production.

I don’t know why, but mistakes by Villar always seem extra frustrating. Between the typical base-running blunders and mistakes like that one this inning it doesn’t seems like there is a realistic chance he can become a first-division regular for this team.

Hasn't been many THIS year... Most of the hate comes from his terrible year last year.

Good thing we didn’t use our pen over the weekend. They looked well rested.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived