Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]

Eye Black
Honestly I know it doesn't make sense on the surface, but I would have almost batted Eric Thames anyway. Rosario isn't throwing strikes and Thames has a good eye. Thames also has that just got back magic one can dream on.

I think I take Thames there as well.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So at this point any sort of must win to prove they can beat the other team and aren't afraid of them style narrative is out the window for this game. One team is going to win a game that could have easily gone either way and the other team is going to lose and neither are really going to prove anything by it.

Tough thing for this game is no Hader for rest of this series......Corey probably can't pitch tomorrow....and now have to use JJ too....

Cubs have same situation with their pen too. Plus, wouldn't surprise me if Hader and/or Knebel are still available tomorrow.

So at this point any sort of must win to prove they can beat the other team and aren't afraid of them style narrative is out the window for this game. One team is going to win a game that could have easily gone either way and the other team is going to lose and neither are really going to prove anything by it.

Which could still get into their heads regardless, when you're losing to one team at a 90% clip (if they lose).

Tough thing for this game is no Hader for rest of this series......Corey probably can't pitch tomorrow....and now have to use JJ too....

Cubs have same situation with their pen too. Plus, wouldn't surprise me if Hader and/or Knebel are still available tomorrow.

I'm with you FV, they aren't done for the series.

Knebel could still be available. Don't see it for Hader. He also threw an inning on Saturday. Don't see them pitching him 3 out of 4 days.

Archived