Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2, 11 innings]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HpkzO5a.jpg

[pre]Cubs Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Albert Almora ® CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Jason Heyward (L) RF 2. Christian Yelich (L) RF

3. Kris Bryant ® 3B 3. Ryan Braun ® LF

4. Anthony Rizzo (L) 1B 4. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

5. Willson Contreras ® C 5. Hernán Pérez ® 3B

6. Kyle Schwarber ® LF 6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B

7. Javier Báez ® 2B 7. Erik Kratz ® C

8. Addison Russell ® SS 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. José Quintana ® P 9. Junior Guerra ® P[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaw is also 1 for 14 career against Quintana. You'd have to look long and hard to find a Brewer with good career numbers against Quintana.

Either Guerra is gonna have to pitch out of his mind today, or we have to find a way to get Quintana out in 6 innings. See pitches, work the count, etc. I don't see us scoring much on him today.

Shaw is also 1 for 14 career against Quintana. You'd have to look long and hard to find a Brewer with good career numbers against Quintana.

Either Guerra is gonna have to pitch out of his mind today, or we have to find a way to get Quintana out in 6 innings. See pitches, work the count, etc. I don't see us scoring much on him today.

Which means we'll but up 8 against Quintana. Because, baseball.

Interesting they go with the all RH line-up, except Yelich for Santana. Not saying I disagree, just pretty telling.

Santana is 0-10 career against Quintana...I imagine that factors in.

Santana has also been awful against all lefties.. .367 OPS against LHP this year.

Congrats FVBrewerFan...

FVBrewerFan Re: 2018-06-11: Cubs (Quintana) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 11, 2018, 3:32 PM Post

Oh that can’t be a good sign for today.....

Had that happen one time at a restaurant, came to 6.66. The lady behind the counter said - oh dear lord no, not today Satan, and she gave me a 10% discount. Lol.

If it weren't for the starts against the brewers, quintana would be lucky to have Suter's numbers. Let's hope the crew remembers they are supposed to mash lhp tonight! Would be great to remind the 3 or 4 cub fans in the park who actually aren't baseball comatose that they gave up one of the very top prospects in the game for a guy that hasn't been anything special - although that's an easier point to make if he doesn't go 8 scoreless tonight...

You know there's a lot of Cub fans there when a Cub (Contreras) hits a total can of corn to center and the crowd erupts like it's headed for the center of the scoreboard.

They learned that from Harry Caray. How many times must he have said "Therrrre's a drive!" on what turned out to be a routine fly ball.

Archived