Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-10: Brewers (Woodruff) at Phillies (Eflin) 12:35 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Counsell is straining not to use up too much of the bullpen heading into the Cubs series.

It probably won't matter anyway because I just don't see the Brewers leading in more than one game, let alone winning one.

I'll take that bet....

Yes, let's send down one of the best defensive catchers in the game.

There are 81 catchers on the Stat Corner framing leaderboard. Pina comes in at 71st.

There are 93 catchers on the Baseball Prospectus framing leaderboard. Pina comes in at 53rd.

There are 27 catchers that have caught at least 250 innings, Pina is 23rd in Defensive Runs Saved, though he has been good in both the passed ball (7th) & wild pitches category (4th).

He also ranks 8th in caught stealing % among catchers with comparable attempts.

Some more quality at bats from Pina and Sogard I see. It’d be great if we brought up Moore and Nottingham and see what they got.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Looks like Counsell is straining not to use up too much of the bullpen heading into the Cubs series.

It probably won't matter anyway because I just don't see the Brewers leading in more than one game, let alone winning one.

I'll take that bet....

Winner gets bragging rights for Thursday's off day.

Some more quality at bats from Pina and Sogard I see. It’d be great if we brought up Moore and Nottingham and see what they got.

Stop dreaming , we wouldn’t have trash Sunday’s if we did that

Oh they very well could be still but at least we would know. Both Pina and Sogard caught lightning in a bottle a season ago and it most likely isn’t coming back. It’d be great to turn over those roster sports and see if we can find some answers.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I love Sunday throw away games ! Seems to be he Brewers MO.

Sogard is an absolute piece of trash and needs to be taken out the way of Oliver Drake

It is ridiculous. It seems like Sundays have been give away days for awhile. Including when on a position to sweep on a Sunday, it's like whoever our manager is, is like, "were good you guys can have this game."

No killer instinct, for the throat type attitude.

Goes for all 3 pro Wisconsin sports teams.

It's a good thing everyone else has been putting the ball in play today, right?

This just isn’t a today thing and you know that. Take your fandom out of it for a bit and realize that he’s just not getting the job done this year.

And others have already debunked your “one of the top defensive catchers in the game” claim.

Pitching match ups are about as good as we could ask for. I think we get 2 wins.

It's way easier to be a pessimist as a fan, than an optimist. If the team wins, you are proved wrong but still see your team win. If they lose, you get to say "I told you so". It's such a cop-out...

Good take.

Archived