Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-09: Brewers (Suter) at Phillies (Arrieta) 12:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-3]

Eye Black
Glad we didn't bench Braun......just keep running him out there.......he will hit.

He NEEDS regular maintenance days. Having a great series but you cannot run Braun out there every day like he's in his prime. Whatever it takes for time off to get the production, if you get greedy he won't look right one day for a couple games and will hit the DL shortly thereafter.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Choi will have a nice memory to take with him when he goes back to AAA tomorrow when they need a spot for Woodruff or later this week when Thames comes back.

For sure. Good to see.

TH tweet

#Brewers manager Craig Counsell said he removed 3B Travis Shaw in seventh inning for not running hard to 1B on bouncer to pitcher. The throw was high and Shaw could have been safe had he run hard. Lesson learned there, I'm sure.

Apparently this isn't the first time Shaw has dogged it on seemingly easy outs this year from what I've read. People have cited a pop up error against Arizona, and maybe another time too. I don't recall that play and I never thought of Shaw as someone who would take plays off, but if that's the case then Counsell was absolutely right in benching him and I have no problem with CC saying as much to the press after the game. It's not asking much to run hard for 90 feet two or three times a game.

That should be an error on Arcia. Why not let Cain (who has a much better angle) make the catch rather than trying to repeat your error from last night?

Well Cain would have to actually be there and calling for it for that to occur.

Cain was only a couple of yards away when Arcia tried to catch that.

Archived