Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-08: Brewers (Chacín) at Phillies (Velasquez) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 12-4]

TooLiveBrew

HoWveqG.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Phillies Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. César Hernández (S) 2B

2. Christian Yelich (L) RF 2. Odúbel Herrera (L) CF

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Scott Kingery ® SS

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Carlos Santana (S) 1B

5. Ryan Braun ® LF 5. Nick Williams (L) RF

6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 6. Jorge Alfaro ® C

7. Manny Piña ® C 7. J.P. Crawford (L) 3B

8. Orlando Arcia ® SS 8. Dylan Cozens (L) LF

9. Jhoulys Chacín ® P 9. Vince Velasquez ® P[/pre]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stop losing.

amazing how neither santana or braun could get into a linup even with the extra DH bat but sogurd and Choi can. Not sure when the Choi and sogurd experiment will end but we wouldnt have our 2nd base problem if we didnt waive the potential All Star 2nd base dude from the reds. That said, Villar seems decent but he is hitting too well so its sogurd time.

At any rate, i have been impressed with our pitching and thats what has us with the best record in the NL and thats what wins playoff games.

We may need to find an ace or infielder by the trade deadline though.

Is this the part where adam says you can't walk batters? Poor command won't cut it at the mlb level. Dare I say that Sogard probably could have hit that pitch out? Doesn't get much easier...

Yeah but give him credit, you still gotta take advantage of the mistake and make him pay for it and he did indeed. Both Braun and the Brewers offense really needed that one.

Sogard?!? Lol right. Doesn’t get much easier? Lol oh my. Yeah it was a hanger and that’s what a hitter like Braun should do with that ball.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Pina must be taking notice of what Kratz is doing. Gotta start producing.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I wish umpires would stop rewarding batters that don't try to get out of the way of pitches that hit them. It is a rule after all. I remember Bob Davidson did that to us some time ago. The only time I've ever seen it.

I wish umpires would stop rewarding batters that don't try to get out of the way of pitches that hit them. It is a rule after all. I remember Bob Davidson did that to us some time ago. The only time I've ever seen it.

It’s a tough call for an umpire. Real time it probably looks like he’s spinning away from contact.

Archived