Brewer Fanatic

Comparing 2018 Brewers with 2015 Royals

Patrick425

The 2015 Royals are one of the worst teams to ever win a World Series though, not a very good team to emulate. Being one of the worst playoff teams and getting hot to win it all is a path to winning a ring but it isn't a very safe one. The Giants did it once, the Cardinals did it once recently, the Royals did. It is certainly plausible, but it isn't reliable.

Worst teams but yet went to back to back series.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The 2015 Royals are one of the worst teams to ever win a World Series though, not a very good team to emulate. Being one of the worst playoff teams and getting hot to win it all is a path to winning a ring but it isn't a very safe one. The Giants did it once, the Cardinals did it once recently, the Royals did. It is certainly plausible, but it isn't reliable.

I mean, I guess I get your point ... but are we going to start getting picky about style points when it comes to getting a ring? If the Brewers re-enact the KC years and are a 'bad team' that wins the World Series, I'm not going to be too heart broken.

Community Moderator

The Brewers had an opening day payroll around 90 million bucks this season. The last WS winner with an opening day payroll that low was the 2006 Cardinals.

We can't really afford to emulate any of the other recent WS winners.

I mean, I guess I get your point ... but are we going to start getting picky about style points when it comes to getting a ring? If the Brewers re-enact the KC years and are a 'bad team' that wins the World Series, I'm not going to be too heart broken.

I won't either, but trying to win it all by copying a team that probably shouldn't have won it all is not a good framework. The 2015 Royals were not one of the top 5 teams in baseball, they got hot at the right time and won it all. That isn't how you want to build your team.

Archived