Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-03: Brewers (Suter) at White Sox (Covey) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Eye Black

Well we were due to have a series like this......too bad it had to come against this terrible team but that's baseball.

Hope to get a split now vs Cleveland but get the feeling this is going to be a tough road trip.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hope we upgrade at catcher. Pina stinks.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I think when you know your starting pitching is average at best, and your hitting is wildly inconsistent, staying ahead of the cubs and cardinals isn't gonna last long. Oh well. Hopefully some of the guys figure something out soon.
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

It isn’t over, but the Brewers really needed to scratch across more than one run when they had the bases loaded with the heart of the order up.

One unearned run. Against a pitching staff second worst in the majors in ERA

It isn’t over, but the Brewers really needed to scratch across more than one run when they had the bases loaded with the heart of the order up.

I'm still wondering how you add two all-stars to your offense and continue to just hit a bunch of solo home runs once and awhile.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Situational hitting...need better offense - it has stunk this whole series. Solo homers yesterday aside they've had numerous opportunities for big innings in every game, and they haven't come through once. Some of it is hitting into bad luck, but it sure as hell is frustrating.

Giving up 4 runs in a game is normal for a mlb pitching staff - going through extended stretches where it feels like scoring 4 runs is impossible is not.

Counsell needs to give the starters a longer leash when Hader's not available. Albers was terrible with White Sox a few years ago. He's got bad memories pitching there. Hitters are taking bad approaches again. My guess is Cubs talked to Cooper the White Sox pitching coach. If it all unravels we can point to this series. Pathetic.

I'm still wondering how you add two all-stars to your offense and continue to just hit a bunch of solo home runs once and awhile.

It's baseball - I get that it's frustrating but every team has about 25 games a year where it doesn't matter who they are playing, they are going to get beat.

And the addition of those two players has helped, the problem is they can't take the plate appearances of the other 7 hitters in the lineup when they aren't going good.

Counsell needs to give the starters a longer leash when Hader's not available. Albers was terrible with White Sox a few years ago. He's got bad memories pitching there. Hitters are taking bad approaches again. My guess is Cubs talked to Cooper the White Sox pitching coach. If it all unravels we can point to this series. Pathetic.

Not at all why we're losing. Suter's command was starting to waver and there's no guarantee the floodgates wouldn't have opened on him.

Albers has been fantastic for us, he was not tonight. Happens, and it's going to happen more and more if they continue to piss away golden scoring opportunities and put one single run on the board (an unearned one at that).

Every team has good stretches and bad stretches. Every team loses games/series to bad teams. If this is their undoing they were never a real contender to begin with.
but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Yelich is bugging me lately.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Humiliating series loss. I can just hear Cubs and Cardinals fans doing their best Dana Stubblefield impression "Same old sorry Brewers." And I'm not so sure they're wrong. It's not like this team has a rich history of holding division leads. I figure the Cubs will overtake us for good when they come to Wrigley North in about 10 days.

And if the bullpen starts to falter like they are today and Friday it could get ugly. Albers and Jennings have been bad this weekend.

What does history have anything to do with this team, this year? I never understand that thinking. Only fans give a crap about history. These players surely don’t. The best team will rise to the top by years end. Plain and simple.

The formula of scratching across a couple of runs and counting on the bullpen to be perfect for 4 innings isnt going to work all season.

The offense had a good little run in May, but the last 5 games have been a return to the old story of home run or nothing, and that isn’t going to cut it.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This team got off to what, it's best start in franchise history? Not quite the same old Brewers. 14 games over and best record in NL even after today. Quite the reactionary IGT today.

Dan Jennings on the other hand has been pretty bad lately.

Logan coming back put Jennings into a “pitch full innings” role. He did once in a while early, but was also Loogyish early on. If he throws full innings against righties often he’s going to get knocked around once in a while. Logan needs to go and Jennings needs to be more of a Loogy type guy.

What does history have anything to do with this team, this year? I never understand that thinking. Only fans give a crap about history. These players surely don’t. The best team will rise to the top by years end. Plain and simple.

I think last year’s history is relevant. After being one of the top scoring teams in the NL the first half of the season, the Brewers were dead last in runs per game after the All Star break. The addition of Cain and Yelich should help the offense, but they are definitely showing the signs of being very similar with all of the shutouts and other low scoring games. The bullpen has to be perfect to carry below average offense and starting pitching, and it’s hard to count on that for a whole season. All of the top relievers have shown in the last week that they are human.

It’s going to be really hard for the Brewers to keep pace with teams like the Cubs and Cardinals that have vastly superior starting pitchers and better offenses.

Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

This team got off to what, it's best start in franchise history? Not quite the same old Brewers. 14 games over and best record in NL even after today. Quite the reactionary IGT today.

The Brewers did have the best 50 game record in franchise history. Do you know the final record of the team that held the previous record?

Given the experiences of 2007, 2009, 2014, and 2017, it’s hard to blame Brewers fans for being somewhere between cautious and skeptical about good starts.

What makes you think the Cardinals have a better offense than the Brewers? The Cardinals have issues in their bullpen and so do the Cubs. The Brewers have a better team ERA than the Cardinals as well. I don't think this is a case of the same old Brewers. Same old Brewers fans, maybe.

Archived