Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-03: Brewers (Suter) at White Sox (Covey) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HoaSpKu.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup White Sox Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Tim Anderson ® SS

2. Christian Yelich (L) LF 2. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 3B

3. Jesus Aguilar ® 1B 3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Jose Rondon ® DH

5. Domingo Santana ® RF 5. Adam Engel ® CF

6. Ji-Man Choi (L) DH 6. Yoan Moncada (S) 2B

7. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 7. Trayce Thompson ® RF

8. Manny Pina ® C 8. Charlie Tilson (L) LF

9. Orlando Arcia ® SS 9. Alfredo Gonzalez ® C

[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator

The Brewers face RHP Dylan Covey, the player they drafted 14th overall in the 2010 first round. As you likely remember, the righthander was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes in his post-draft physical examination and the Brewers lowered their financial offer to the slot value for the pick. Covey ultimately chose to attend the University of San Diego and was drafted in the 4th round in 2013.

Here is a good article on the topic from JS Online which includes quotes from Dylan Covey:

Eight years later, Dylan Covey will start against the Brewers team that drafted him

As a fellow Type 1 diabetic, I've followed his career after we drafted him . I applaud him for still following his dream. It's both mentally and physically challenging.

That being said, I hope the Brewers jump all over Dylan today.

I couldn’t get on the website for the last half our or so. Kept saying postmaster error.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I couldn’t get on the website for the last half our or so. Kept saying postmaster error.

I've been getting quite a few error messages lately on this site too. They don't last a half hour though. Work needs to be done on here.

Community Moderator

I've been getting quite a few error messages lately on this site too. They don't last a half hour though. Work needs to be done on here.

Yes, the moderator staff is aware of the more frequent outage issues lately.

I thought Yelich might have a chance to throw out the runner at home, but then remembered it was Moncada running.

Or...Yelich throwing, that doesn’t help. His arm is just terrible.

Definitely not a GG defender.

I thought Yelich might have a chance to throw out the runner at home, but then remembered it was Moncada running.

And Yelich throwing. So not impressed with his arm. Can see why he’s basically LF only.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If Braun could stop lining into double plays, that’d be great.

Who's calling for Braun to keep playing? Man this offense has under performed this year, aside from the 17 run game
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Archived