Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-02: Brewers (Chacín) at White Sox (Shields) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-0]

Eye Black
Oh ya better go get him Counsell. That’s s baserunner in the 6th.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Community Moderator
The run expectancy for a runner on 3rd base with no outs to score is 84%. The Brewers failed to convert with a runner on third and no outs in back-to-back innings. Statiscally that is quite a feat.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

At least hes bringing in a lefty that can get lefties out this time.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Great that Hader got us out of it but I would’ve been fine giving Chacin a chance to end the inning as well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
Does anyone know where the Brewers rank for driving in a runner at 3rd with no outs? This has been a problem for many years now with our home-run or nothing offense. If they aren't dead last I'd be surprised.

Here is a thread from exactly one year ago that is specific to “runner on third with less than two outs”.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Great that Hader got us out of it but I would’ve been fine giving Chacin a chance to end the inning as well.

I can see it, but with a lead and a fresh pen and 10 outs to get, I think Hader is the right call. Hope he can get 7 of them, though anything above 4 is great.

Villar solves the issue of only getting to 3B.

Does anyone know where the Brewers rank for driving in a runner at 3rd with no outs? This has been a problem for many years now with our home-run or nothing offense. If they aren't dead last I'd be surprised.

Here is a thread from exactly one year ago that is specific to “runner on third with less than two outs”.

Found that while looking myself. Basically we are at a league avg 49%, about 17th place, with first place at 57%. Last place is 40%

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Villar OPS up to 731
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The sox helmets, actually raised letters or just the font or something that makes them look raised?
Remember what Yoda said:

The sox helmets, actually raised letters or just the font or something that makes them look raised?

They are raised. It’s something a few teams are doing these days. I believe the Dodgers started the mini trend.

Villar OPS up to 731

Top 10 2B over the last month or so. Though the two main trade targets at 2B (Gennett/Merrifield) are #1/#2. Could still likely make a nice upgrade there, but Villar is starting to make the potential gain a lot smaller.

If you look up you can see something falling back down to earth, Jesus Aguilar.

Mentioned this lastnight. He's been swinging wildly at bad pitches lately.

It's almost like even good hitters have bad stretches.......and then are good again.....

Archived