Brewer Fanatic

2018-06-01: Brewers (Anderson) at White Sox (Santiago) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-3]

TooLiveBrew

HnS9l8v.jpg

[pre]Diamondbacks Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Yoan Moncada (S) 2B

2. C. Yelich (L) RF 2. Yolmer Sanchez (S) 3B

3. Ryan Braun ® 1B 3. Jose Abreu ® 1B

4. Jesus Aguilar ® DH 4. Daniel Palka (L) DH

5. Travis Shaw (L) 5. Tim Anderson ® SS

6. Domingo Santana ® RF 6. Omar Narvaez (L) C

7. Hernan Perez ® 2B 7. Adam Engel ® CF

8. Manny Pina ® C 8. Charlie Tilson (L) LF

9. Orlando Arica ® SS 9. Trayce Thompson ® RF[/pre]

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gosh I love facing lefties.

Aguilar 2-4 with a BB, 2 RBI's, 1 R ... is anyone taking the under right now?

We don't kill lefties like we used to. In fact we bat worse against lefties this year. We OPS .100 better against righties.

Cain, Yelich, Braun, Aguilar, Shaw, Santana, Pina, Perez, Arcia.

I wouldn't pick Perez at 2b, I just expect CC to be dumb. It also might go Yelich, Aguilar, Shaw, Braun 2-5...but with a lefty I think it makes sense to space out Yelich and Shaw a bit...and to let Braun hit 3rd against a lefty with Aguilar in the cleanup spot. I'm sure Braun will be back to 5th against a RHP.

We don't kill lefties like we used to. In fact we bat worse against lefties this year. We OPS .100 better against righties.

Sure, if you think the Santana and Braun we had in Apr-May will be the same the entire season. If they revert back to what they should be doing ... we still want to face lefties.

Sure, if you think the Santana and Braun we had in Apr-May will be the same the entire season. If they revert back to what they should be doing ... we still want to face lefties.

I have no idea who else has started as a lefty lately, but I remember Matz shutting us down about a week ago. And that is when everybody else in the league was teeing off.

I think his point was that eventually Braun and Santana will tear up left handed pitching. I happen to agree. I’m actually hoping we start to give Shaw some off days against lefties and put Aguilar or Perez over there. Keep the big guy fresh.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Team is 15 games over, part of which is due to Counsell seemingly having magic hands with the bullpen and we still have to make comments about how dumb he is. We will truly never be happy with the manager until they go 162-0.

I think you are being too generous if you think there will be no complaints even with that record. We will not be winning by enough style points or he let the game get too close before pulling the pitcher.....

Team is 15 games over, part of which is due to Counsell seemingly having magic hands with the bullpen and we still have to make comments about how dumb he is. We will truly never be happy with the manager until they go 162-0.

I think you are being too generous if you think there will be no complaints even with that record. We will not be winning by enough style points or he let the game get too close before pulling the pitcher.....

173-0

The comment was about starting Perez over Villar. You have a comment about his magic hands with the bullpen. Interesting.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

The comment was about starting Perez over Villar. You have a comment about his magic hands with the bullpen. Interesting.

Some people go to a really nice party that the host spent a lot of time preparing for and spending many hours getting all accommodations in order and while most people are going to enjoy the party and the effort the host put forth ... there will always be people who walk out disgusted with the host because they didn't have any craft beer or the bushes weren't trimmed outside.

That's his point.

Some people go to a really nice party that the host spent a lot of time preparing for and spending many hours getting all accommodations in order and while most people are going to enjoy the party and the effort the host put forth ... there will always be people who walk out disgusted with the host because they didn't have any craft beer or the bushes weren't trimmed outside.

That's his point.

Oh I get it. There will always be complainers. I just thought his example was of poor use. Either way, it’s a forum where the majority of it is complaints and opinions. Should we close up shop til they hit the skids? Lol

With this team DH games are awesome !

Fixed. Pitchers attempting to hit has gotten old for me. Just not enough skill there anymore and they get hurt all too often.

It has nothing to do with starting Perez, there's a way to complain about that without the "I expect CC to be dumb" suffix. I don't think Counsell has done anything to warrant that kind of talk but he's a big boy and can take it I guess.

If CC is so dumb I wonder who people want in his place. It just absolutely blows my mind how you can complain about the manager of this team.

Good, even great managers can be “dumb”. Good, even great managers get complaints. I wouldn’t take it too seriously.

Cain, Yelich, Braun, Aguilar, Shaw, Santana, Pina, Perez, Arcia.

I wouldn't pick Perez at 2b, I just expect CC to be dumb. It also might go Yelich, Aguilar, Shaw, Braun 2-5...but with a lefty I think it makes sense to space out Yelich and Shaw a bit...and to let Braun hit 3rd against a lefty with Aguilar in the cleanup spot. I'm sure Braun will be back to 5th against a RHP.

Hey, I was pretty close. Switch Perez and Pina...

I'm a bit surprised they went with Braun at 1b and Aguilar DH. Maybe they'll switch it tomorrow and have Braun DH.

Braun’s a better first basemen defensively. It makes a lot of sense coming off an off day.

This is what I like to call a historic Brewers TRAP series....

The teams we need to sweep, or 2/3. Let's get them boys!

I don't know about trap series. The Brewers should take two of these games by accident. They're killing it against last place teams after all, and they're the worst of the worst.

Archived