Brewer Fanatic

Houser: Hader 2.0?

Tbadder
Does anyone else see a similar scenario playing out. A prospect the Brewers want to start eventually but who is so effective in relief that he forces them to keep him in the pen. Houser just looks like an awfully good two inning man who could be used in high leverage situations. Is his stuff filthy enough to be dual-headed Hader?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It's possible that he could be a good reliever, but I think they should exhaust possibilities as a starter first. He is technically still working his way back from injury, and getting his pitch counts back up, so the multiple-inning relief outings make sense. Interesting that they optioned him to AAA, though, instead of back down to Biloxi.

I don't know if he'll be as effective as Hader has been this year, but I think he can be a successful reliever going forward.

I could see a scenario down the stretch where the Brewers need a spot start and he starts a game and pitches the first time through the order.

I don't think it's even remotely fair to say anybody is Hader 2.0. Even with all his success, trying to now say that Hader could be Sale 2.0 as a starter is wildly unfair.

In terms of the numbers, he won't sniff Hader's jock at the moment. That's not a bad things, as Hader has historic numbers right now. As far as the SP prospect that gets moved into the bullpen and pitches 1-3 inning (and does it with success), yes I think he can be utilized a lot like Hader. I would feel more comfortable seeing him on the mound as opposed to Barnes.

Archived