Brewer Fanatic

Predict the Brewers June 2018 Record

lcbj68c

Cubs have the third best run differential in all of baseball. At 82 they blow us out of the water (+34). I mean we are +34 after a three game stretch where we scored an unreal amount of runs.

Unfortunately we are due to stop getting lucky.

26 June games, 4 days off, lots of bullpen rest.

I say 15-11.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

@ White Sox (2-1)

@ Indians (1-1)

@Phillies (1-2)

Cubs (1-2)

Phillies (2-1)

@ Pirates (2-1)

Cardinals (2-2)

Royals (2-0)

@ Reds (2-1)

15-11, 51-32 overall

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

If the Cubs go 19-9 I tip my cap to them. They have 7 against a Dodgers team that has been playing better and is getting Kershaw back. That have 3 on the road against the Brewers, Cards and Mets who are all above ,500. They have 3 against the Phillies who have a better record than them right now. They have 3 against an ok Pirates team and then 6 against the reds and twins who are bad.

4-3 vs Rodgers

5-4 vs tough road stretch

2-1 vs Phillies

2-1 vs pirates

4-2 vs twins

17-11 seems generous. I would say anywhere from 14-14 bottom end to 17-11 top seem likely. Their starting pitching is too inconsistent with Darvish being out and pitching poorly, Chatswood unable to throw strikes, and quintana struggling. They also have a bullpen that is pitching way over its head - probably .ore so that the Brewers. So if the Brewers bullpen is likely to come back to earth so is the Cubs. I think it does but their lineup gets more consistent.

Brewers I would say 15-11 but anywhere from 13-13 to 17-9 wouldn't shock me

Thought I read that Kershaw was going to remain out for a while

Kershaw pitched last night or the night before but did have to leave with back tightness. When I posted this he was ain't returning. Will be interesting to see what happens with his back

Funny with the late guesses. Why not give it another game and adjust your guesses based on how they played. Maybe even give it a week! :laughing
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

1-2 vs one of worse teams in majors not a good start to the month. Less optimistic against all the good teams if White Sox are showing us up like they did

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

• 2 weeks later...
Haven't seen these floating around very much anymore. But thought I would take a stab at June.

@Chicago South (2-1)

@Cleveland (1-1)

@Philadelphia (2-1)

vs Chicago North (0-3) Don't like Davies vs Quintana that will set the tone for the series.

vs Philadelphia (2-1)

@ Pittsburgh (2-0) w/ sunday rainout

vs St. Louis (1-3)

vs Kansas City (2-0)

@ Cincinnati (2-1)

Total 14-11 Overall 50-32

Cubs 19-9 over same stretch, lead at 1.5 going into July.

Nailed it! Though I dont know why I thought the finale was a Sunday instead of Wednesday. :shrugs:

We are 8-9 with 8 games left this month. Nobody will be exactly on unless they predicted a rain out. Based on our opponents and our recent play, I feel like I have a good shot at being within half a game of correct with my 14-12 prediction. I'll be pretty annoyed if we cant win 5 or 6 of 8 games against the cards(the way they are playing), reds, and royals.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived