Brewer Fanatic

Predict the Brewers June 2018 Record

lcbj68c

Haven't seen these floating around very much anymore. But thought I would take a stab at June.

@Chicago South (2-1)

@Cleveland (1-1)

@Philadelphia (2-1)

vs Chicago North (0-3) Don't like Davies vs Quintana that will set the tone for the series.

vs Philadelphia (2-1)

@ Pittsburgh (2-0) w/ sunday rainout

vs St. Louis (1-3)

vs Kansas City (2-0)

@ Cincinnati (2-1)

Total 14-11 Overall 50-32

Cubs 19-9 over same stretch, lead at 1.5 going into July.

@Chicago South (2-1)

@Cleveland (0-2)

@Philadelphia (1-2)

vs Chicago North (1-2)

vs Philadelphia (2-1)

@ Pittsburgh (2-1)

vs St. Louis (2-2)

vs Kansas City (1-1)

@ Cincinnati (2-1)

Total 13-13 Overall 49-34

Cubs 19-9 over same stretch, Cubbies lead us by .5 game (I think).

Cubs are flat out better than us so far...time for that to reflect in the record. They will dominate compared to us this month. The bullpen has been unreal so far...and it’s going to have to be a little more real eventually.

Hopefully the offense warms up with the weather (hasn’t been great if we take out that three game stretch) and the starting pitching turns a corner. Then I can be wrong and we will sprint into July leading by a handful of games.

Even worst case we should be right in the thick of it come July.

@Chicago South (2-1)

@Cleveland (1-1)

@Philadelphia (1-2)

vs Chicago North (2-1)

vs Philadelphia (2-1)

@ Pittsburgh (2-1)

vs St. Louis (2-2)

vs Kansas City (2-0)

@ Cincinnati (2-1)

15-11

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

That's something. I figured my thoughts, read the thread next and Plush has the same as me down the line for the Brewers in June. (Although, you're not likely to see me post the word "Cubbies.")

Speaking of which, I have them 15-13 in June and us still holding the lead in the NL Central.

13-13, we're probably due for a bit of a down month. The Brewers are good, but I don't think we're .630 winning percentage good. I also don't think we're bad enough to have a really down month of 10-16 or so like we would have done in the past. I would feel a lot better if Davies would get things figured out sooner rather than later.

If the Cubs go 19-9 I tip my cap to them. They have 7 against a Dodgers team that has been playing better and is getting Kershaw back. That have 3 on the road against the Brewers, Cards and Mets who are all above ,500. They have 3 against the Phillies who have a better record than them right now. They have 3 against an ok Pirates team and then 6 against the reds and twins who are bad.

4-3 vs Rodgers

5-4 vs tough road stretch

2-1 vs Phillies

2-1 vs pirates

4-2 vs twins

17-11 seems generous. I would say anywhere from 14-14 bottom end to 17-11 top seem likely. Their starting pitching is too inconsistent with Darvish being out and pitching poorly, Chatswood unable to throw strikes, and quintana struggling. They also have a bullpen that is pitching way over its head - probably .ore so that the Brewers. So if the Brewers bullpen is likely to come back to earth so is the Cubs. I think it does but their lineup gets more consistent.

Brewers I would say 15-11 but anywhere from 13-13 to 17-9 wouldn't shock me

@white Sox 2-1

@indians 1-1

@phillies 1-2

Cubs 1-2

Phillies 1-2

@Pirates 2-1

St. Louis 2-2

KC 1-1

@Reds 1-2

12-14

17-11 for the northsiders

I agree the Cubs are significantly better than we are, but we’re the better fighters. For now we stave them off. For now I remain an acolyte of Stearns who I believe will plug a hole or two cheaply (like Kratz who has already been a significant upgrade—crossing fingers he can keep it up).

@white Sox 2-1

@indians 1-1

@phillies 1-2

Cubs 1-2

Phillies 1-2

@Pirates 2-1

St. Louis 2-2

KC 1-1

@Reds 1-2

12-14

17-11 for the northsiders

I agree the Cubs are significantly better than we are, but we’re the better fighters. For now we stave them off. For now I remain an acolyte of Stearns who I believe will plug a hole or two cheaply (like Kratz who has already been a significant upgrade—crossing fingers he can keep it up).

Interesting to have the Brewers losing 4 series and only winning 2. They have only lost 2 series since April 15th.

13-13, we're probably due for a bit of a down month. The Brewers are good, but I don't think we're .630 winning percentage good. I also don't think we're bad enough to have a really down month of 10-16 or so like we would have done in the past. I would feel a lot better if Davies would get things figured out sooner rather than later.

Ditto.

I think 14-12 seems about right, and primarily because I think a cold snap will start for this team at some point in June. I feel like we'll win 2 if not 3 against the White Sox and split against the Indians, maybe it will be the Cubs series that sends us spiraling a bit.

@Chicago South (2-1)

@Cleveland (0-2)

@Philadelphia (1-2)

vs Chicago North (2-1)

vs Philadelphia (3-0)

@ Pittsburgh (2-1)

vs St. Louis (2-2)

vs Kansas City (2-0)

@ Cincinnati (3-0)

17-9. Start cold and then heat up again. Peralta takes Davies spot vs Cubs and blows them away sets the tone for a big series win.

End of the month Stearns makes a big trade for Manny Machado, and joins us in Cinci where he goes 6-12 on the weekend with 3 homers and we score 30 runs in 3 games. Finally gaining respect from the baseball world. Now the NL favorites to represent them in the WS.

I know I'm dreaming, but... so?

I'm going to guess that we end up between 26-0 and 0-26 :)

That's my guess! I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but I don't see the point in predicting, it's just a guess. We don't know the pitching match-ups, if the opposing teams will be hot at that time, and most of all injuries. So throw out a number that ends up being "right" is really coincidence more than anything else.

God, I’m so afraid of the Cards as well. It took all my willpower to predict the series 2-2, when in actuality I think it will be 1-3 or even 0-4. Too many years of getting beaten up by bullies, it takes it toll.

If the Cubs go 19-9 I tip my cap to them. They have 7 against a Dodgers team that has been playing better and is getting Kershaw back. That have 3 on the road against the Brewers, Cards and Mets who are all above ,500. They have 3 against the Phillies who have a better record than them right now. They have 3 against an ok Pirates team and then 6 against the reds and twins who are bad.

4-3 vs Rodgers

5-4 vs tough road stretch

2-1 vs Phillies

2-1 vs pirates

4-2 vs twins

17-11 seems generous. I would say anywhere from 14-14 bottom end to 17-11 top seem likely. Their starting pitching is too inconsistent with Darvish being out and pitching poorly, Chatswood unable to throw strikes, and quintana struggling. They also have a bullpen that is pitching way over its head - probably .ore so that the Brewers. So if the Brewers bullpen is likely to come back to earth so is the Cubs. I think it does but their lineup gets more consistent.

Brewers I would say 15-11 but anywhere from 13-13 to 17-9 wouldn't shock me

Thought I read that Kershaw was going to remain out for a while

Archived