Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-30: Cardinals (Reyes) at Brewers (Guerra) 12:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2; Reminder: Facebook Watch game]

Eye Black
  • Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really hope that gets knebel going. Curve looked good and that last fastball was nice too.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

I guarantee that if Hader gave up a run or two on, say, his 40th pitch, there's no way the "what was CC thinking?" comments wouldn't fly

I mean he basically did give up the tying run without that knockdown.

I very much doubt that ball was going to the outfield. Didn't even look like it was hit hard.

Think you gotta watch that again because that ball was headed right to the OF.

Counsell!!!! Overthinking this! What a terrible move! Oh wait, what?

You can make a bad move and get a good result just like you can make a good move and have a bad result.

That's 19 wins in May. Going into the month, I would have been happy going 14-13 against the teams we were lined up with. 19-8 is fantastic. Let's keep it rolling into June.

We should've had a poll. How many would have picked 19-8? Great stuff.

That's 19 wins in May. Going into the month, I would have been happy going 14-13 against the teams we were lined up with. 19-8 is fantastic. Let's keep it rolling into June.

Mccalvy just pointed out that they didn't lose consecutive games in May.

You can make a bad move and get a good result just like you can make a good move and have a bad result.

I'm curious as to how you decide WHAT was a bad move. Surely that's subjective. I thought once Hader started getting squeezed on the zone he started to get less effective. It's certainly not a no-brainer after 1 2/3 to leave him in vs. taking him out. Anyone who says this was the WRONG move definitively is just, like, stating an opinion, man.

But you can never be wrong about questioning a pitching move that was made when your argument is to leave the other pitcher in, we get it...

And Arcia would've had to make a superhuman play to keep that grounder Hader knocked down in the IF, especially since he was shaded to the hole, not up the middle. As annoying as the announcers were, they were right about Hader not being as electric as that 9th inning progressed. Bringing in Knebel to face a righty was the right move in that spot.

I'm curious as to how you decide WHAT was a bad move. Surely that's subjective. I thought once Hader started getting squeezed on the zone he started to get less effective. It's certainly not a no-brainer after 1 2/3 to leave him in vs. taking him out. Anyone who says this was the WRONG move definitively is just, like, stating an opinion, man.

Bringing in the walking and homer machine with the tying run on 3rd is probably not a good move, don't you think?

With a base open, I don't think it was as much of a risk. And this would be the, you know, 2017 All Star closer, not just some AAA schlub. I'd say the risk of Hader keeping up his 8th inning form was slightly less than Knebel with his 2018 form. Small sample size, and all.

The walking and homer machine lol stuff is just too funny.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Huge win. Ueck's a tough listen these days though.

Better than trying this ridiculous facebook live thing, basically couldn't watch the 9th inning because it froze so much, glad i found out on twitter that Knebal finished off the last out, still have no idea what happened.

With a base open, I don't think it was as much of a risk. And this would be the, you know, 2017 All Star closer, not just some AAA schlub. I'd say the risk of Hader keeping up his 8th inning form was slightly less than Knebel with his 2018 form. Small sample size, and all.

Folks should go look up Kenley Jansen's game logs this season. Knebel just needs to get his feet under him, and maybe a longer leash than 10 innings where even his blown saves have been limited to 1 run tie games that were salvaged for wins instead of resulting in immediate losses.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Has the Brewers twitter been trolling teams like this all season? It's a bit obnoxious in my opinion...

LOVED it... just like what they did to the Cubs last year after creaming them 15-2.

Besides, it's the Cardinals.

I don't think it's a drastic mistake either way. Due to Knebel's last two games I probably give Hader one more batter and roll with that. If it's Knebel of last year, or even how he looked prior to 2 outs on Friday? night. Then I go Knebel.

This season, I prefer Jeffress in a runners already on situation, but of course he was used. Actually, that could be something else to argue about. Why not Hader in 7th and 8th then Jeffress ninth? Off the top of my head I think Carpenter was the only lefty so not a clear time to use Hader for lefty stretch of lineup. I didn't really have an opinion on it, but when I saw Jeffress instead of Hader i was surprised.

Huge win. Ueck's a tough listen these days though.

Better than trying this ridiculous facebook live thing, basically couldn't watch the 9th inning because it froze so much, glad i found out on twitter that Knebal finished off the last out, still have no idea what happened.

Yeah the FB feed was just terrible. Impossible to watch with all the freezing.

Archived