Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-29: Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Davies) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

TooLiveBrew
Before our offensive explosion we were one of the worst offenses in the NL...only better than the Reds in our division. The last week has really turned the script though. We now are #4 in the NL in runs scored. The Cubs nearly lead before categories (RS RA).

Getting rid of Arcia and improvements from Villar/Pina have really made the offense a force. To be honest I hope Arcia stays far far away from this team for awhile. I hope it is well more than 10 days.

Replacing Arcia with Sogard or even Saladino has had almost no impact on scoring more runs. Sogard has done nothing since coming up again. Saladino had a couple big games and hasn't really done anything since.

Saladino has essentially the same Rs and RBIs in the last week as Arcia has in the last month. That’s an impact. 4 RBI and 2 Runs scored in 20 ABs.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
perez hits RHP .at a .284 clip and is hitting everybody at .327 for the month of may.

I love that villar has improved this year but perez is no slouch in this instance

For whatever reason CC has made mysterious decisions all year but this doesnt seem like a horrible idea

.211 in the last two weeks.

I don’t have have big problem with Perez starting. Villar has struggled vs. RHP this year...probably wise not to be blinded by one AB. I guess I am pretty neutral on it.

perez hits RHP .at a .284 clip and is hitting everybody at .327 for the month of may.

I love that villar has improved this year but perez is no slouch in this instance

For whatever reason CC has made mysterious decisions all year but this doesnt seem like a horrible idea

.211 in the last two weeks.

I don’t have have big problem with Perez starting. Villar has struggled vs. RHP this year...probably wise not to be blinded by one AB. I guess I am pretty neutral on it.

You have it switched around. He has struggled against LHP.

CC seems to look for any reason/excuse/notion to bench Villar. I wonder how long it takes for him to start showing discontent?

It's just a stupid thing to do to a guy who seems to be coming around, just never provoding him a chance to get in a groove.

Domingo Santana also struggled early, but has an .850 OPS over the last month, yet is sitting in back to back games.

If Braun were to get in a groove and stay healthy for awhile, and Aguilar continues to hit, a good player has to sit and that doesn't account for when Thames gets back.

Would rather watch Suter pitch right now.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

pathetic... this is probably a good game to turn off and save myself the stress.

Does Villar make that play, or at least stop it from going into the outfield?

Perez certainly couldn't figure out what to do with it. One of them has to at least knock it down to save a run.

sheesh, that was crap.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Some really good effort on display there by Perez and Saladino. Keep the ball in the infield at least, my god.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

pathetic... this is probably a good game to turn off and save myself the stress.

Does Villar make that play, or at least stop it from going into the outfield?

Perez certainly couldn't figure out what to do with it. One of them has to at least knock it down to save a run.

sheesh, that was crap.

I’ll drink to this

Archived