Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably gassed from that AB. Just put the DH in the NL already.

Or Suter throws 10mph and going through the line up multiple times creates meatball platters for hitters. Suter isn’t that good.

Or Suter throws 10mph and going through the line up multiple times creates meatball platters for hitters. Suter isn’t that good.

This. Suter is of most value coming out of the pen and as a spot starter. Just my opinion. Ultimately this team will need more starting pitching whether it comes from within or via trade.

With that being said, I am happy the Brewers have him as a option.

He is right though that, while it's been nice we've been winning series' against non divisional teams the past two and a half weeks, if we continue to get owned by our divisional rivals, it's not going to make a whole lot of difference when it comes to being taken seriously as a playoff/championship contender.

Brewers are 5-1 against the Reds, split 3-3 against the Cards and are 1-2 vs. the Pirates. They've been fine against division teams not based out of Chicago.

But we need to be more consistent. Even the Pirates have had our number lately.

9-10 vs. the Pirates last year. I don't see splitting series against teams as struggling or getting "owned". Could be better sure but the Pirates aren't a toothless team and I'll take a split against the Cards or Cubs any day.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

This. Suter is of most value coming out of the pen and as a spot starter. Just my opinion. Ultimately this team will need more starting pitching whether it comes from within or via trade.

I agree he is not every 5th day material. Spot and long man... no more than 2x through order for sure!

5IP 3R and turn it over to the pen with the lead.... I’ll take that every time from our 5th starter.

I hope not. That's a 5.40 ERA.

Don’t care about what the ERA equates to. If our 5th... actually temporarily 5th starter gets us to the pen with a lead I’ll take it.

5IP 3R and turn it over to the pen with the lead.... I’ll take that every time from our 5th starter.

Yah, no thanks. With the overall average play from our rotation we definitely need a really good 5th starter. We are playing over our heads right now. Our run differential is less than half that of the Cubs.

Easy to say we are okay right now due to everything working right on a given day. Just wait till it isn’t that way.

If they get some more runs from the top of the order, why not let Suter go six?

If he is pulled after five, then there may be a need to pinch-hit for whoever relieves him. I'd rather run him out for one ore frame, and then either let him hit or pinch-hit in the bottom of the sixth.

Yah, no thanks. With the overall average play from our rotation we definitely need a really good 5th starter. We are playing over our heads right now. Our run differential is less than half that of the Cubs.

Easy to say we are okay right now due to everything working right on a given day. Just wait till it isn’t that way.

5 innings and 3 runs with our offense wins more often than not.

If he is pulled after five, then there may be a need to pinch-hit for whoever relieves him. I'd rather run him out for one ore frame, and then either let him hit or pinch-hit in the bottom of the sixth.

After already serving up two meatballs? Forget that we have a deep bullpen. Not sure how many “more” is though.

I'm afraid of him facing more of the order a 3rd time.. otherwise that is very sound logic.

Do we give Albers the 6th and JJ/Hader 7, 8 & 9? I don't think Albers has pitched lately.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Suter is what he is. He's fine as a swingman/longman who can fill in as a 5 when you have injuries. That's fine, and that has value. I don't mean to imply that it doesn't. I just think some people make him out to be better than he is. If he is in your rotation, you should be looking to upgrade.

Shaw’s luck really turning around.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Per TomH

Didn't realize how many Cardinals fans are in attendance at Miller Park until Munoz just ripped a two-run HR in the fifth. Huge roar from crowd. Almost Cubs-like.

Interesting

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived