Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
God, I hate this moron.

I don’t care for him but I don’t think he’s wrong. Aguilar is not good defensively.

Not only hasn't he been laugh out loud bad, he's been pretty darn good. Don't know what you're looking at.

Offensively, of course. Defensively, sorry do not agree.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea i don't know how olbermann would even be qualified to judge him, as if he's watched any of our games so he's just being a hater. I haven't seen anything demonstrably terrible from Jesus on D this year. Seems about average or what you'd expect so far. I went into the year thinking he's below average as that is the scouting report, but he hasn't butchered anything and it's been a non story. All we can ask imo

Per TomH

Counsell said when he broached subject of batting fifth with Ryan Braun, he already had rhought that would be best, the way Aguilar is hitting.

Two things, again it is great to see Braun continuously putting team first in his mindset. Can’t knock him on that. The other is that it does seem silly that Counsell would have to approach him even though I get it’s probably more so out of respect.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Per TomH
Counsell said when he broached subject of batting fifth with Ryan Braun, he already had rhought that would be best, the way Aguilar is hitting.

Two things, again it is great to see Braun continuously putting team first in his mindset. Can’t knock him on that. The other is that it does seem silly that Counsell would have to approach him even though I get it’s probably more so out of respect.

It's all about communication, that's good management. You don't just put the sheet on the door, talk to the guy first like a professional

He's no world beater but definitely not Braun at 3b LOL-bad.... Not sure what that moron is talking about other than hating on a small market player having a good year.

In fact I can remember multiple times where Aguilar's stretch over there at first helped us get an out ......

I've seen him make quite a few great picks on hot smashes down the first base line. He also played great at third base in Colorado. Has a .992 fielding %. Even Haudricourt replied back to him saying it's not true.

He’s not terrible. Probably slightly below average defensively. Maybe him not scooping a very easy ball yesterday that led to four runs is too fresh in my mind. I also have the play he couldn’t bend over to his knee to catch a ball from Villar in my mind as well. Range, meh. He gets what’s in front of him.

In the words of Kanye West -

Screams from the haters, got a nice ring to it, every superhero needs his own theme music.

I don't mind being the underdog, and this team is made up of a bunch of guys that thrive on that. And no, I'm not talking about CC's adopted son who will be remained nameless because I am trying to be positive today. haha.

And that’s our first Kanye reference. [sarcasm]Please let it be the last.[/sarcasm]

He’s not terrible. Probably slightly below average defensively. Maybe him not scooping a very easy ball yesterday that led to four runs is too fresh in my mind. I also have the play he couldn’t bend over to his knee to catch a ball from Villar in my mind as well. Range, meh. He gets what’s in front of him.

I didn't think that scoop was very easy at all. A play he could've made for sure, but not so easy that I'm going to get all over him for not making. The other play with Villar I can't even remember.

What has Suter done of late that warrants this post? I’m not a huge Suter SP fan but he’s done his job.

Suter is like the fat handyman you call when you need something done around the house. Sure he's cheap and does a decent job, but the low rider pants and the ubiquitous ass crack showing make you want to avert your eyes while he's doing his job...

Pretty much this. My comment wasn't about not starting him, it was about not having much confidence in him. He may have a low walk rate but he gives up hits at a higher rate than anyone that has started a game too. I'd bet he has given up more hard contact as well. He is in the rotation and it's his turn. Still don't like it. Hopefully he proves me wrong today.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Archived