Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-28: Cardinals (Weaver) at Brewers (Suter) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Scooter who??

Gennett. The guy leading the NL in batting average at .340

On the team with the worst record in the NL. He's not a difference maker.

Scooter doesn't pitch.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So we have had references to Kanye West, Kato Kaelin, and Tony LaRussa in this thread today. That my friends, is a triple play.

Oh. AND Keith Olbermann thinks he has knowledge on a Brewers player. What an odd day.

And thankfully, no mentions of that guy with the glasses!

I did on page 10. Sorry.

I follow Kato, purely for the comedy of his Brewers rants.

He kills me with his humor!

The irony is that I think he is actually working as a stand up comedian. I see him promoting his appearances. So if his Brewers tweets are actually intended as comedy he's a comic genius.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

I prefer the Three Second Rule:

Wut. Dear god that is terrible. I've never found it so hard to resist cursing in my life.

First I thought it was going to be a video teaching kids about picking food up off the floor and eating it. Then I saw all the cowboy studs walk in and I thought it was going to be about p.e., and I don't mean gym class. Then she started singing and I wanted to shoot myself.

How about we acquire a 2B so Villar can play shortstop again? :)

Not sure if you're serious or not, I could be mistaken on it. But I would not want to move Villar off 2nd. He was pretty bad on that side of the infield and seems serviceable and finally comfortable at 2nd. Would just leave him be.

But Stearns still needs to address the 2B situation before the trade deadline. Villar can't be your #1 option.

I will say again that I don't understand how so many are so down on Villar still. His year has been fine. He is a guy who can carry a high BABIP, and it doean't really matter if he doesn't slug. If he plays good defense and gets on base in the bottom part of the order, that is fantastic.

He has done about everything asked of him for the last month at least.

I will say again that I don't understand how so many are so down on Villar still. His year has been fine. He is a guy who can carry a high BABIP, and it doean't really matter if he doesn't slug. If he plays good defense and gets on base in the bottom part of the order, that is fantastic.

He has done about everything asked of him for the last month at least.

I'm happy CC is letting him be finally. He's rewarding him with that chance. Just like Saladino has been doing at SS.

And Villar DID slug today. Turning this from a close game to being able to rest the big guns another day. That can be HUGE.

Part of me wants to contact my ex-student employee and find out whether he stayed to the end today or not.

The rest of me knows better than to prolong contact. Thanks, Brewers.

You could text him a "neener neener"!

Not only was Braun ok with keeping Jesus at 3.....he suggested it. Putting the team first....great to see.

Things like this go a long ways in a marathon season. Leadership is good on this team and it’s showing.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not only was Braun ok with keeping Jesus at 3.....he suggested it. Putting the team first....great to see.

I said about 2 weeks ago that I felt the only reason Braun was still batting 3rd was Counsell being concerned about offending him.

I do give Braun credit for this for sure. With that said, and I know people are going to disagree with me, I'm mildly annoyed that he had to say anything at all.

If it got to the point where Braun felt he should say something, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it. Likewise, if Counsell immediately agreed to it, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it either.

This is Counsell's lineup, not the players. At times, tough decisions will need to be made. Maybe even more unpopular decisions among the players than this, and he is going to need to make those tough decisions. They aren't going to always be handed to him like Braun did.

I said about 2 weeks ago that I felt the only reason Braun was still batting 3rd was Counsell being concerned about offending him.

I do give Braun credit for this for sure. With that said, and I know people are going to disagree with me, I'm mildly annoyed that he had to say anything at all.

If it got to the point where Braun felt he should say something, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it. Likewise, if Counsell immediately agreed to it, it probably wasn't the first time he thought it either.

This is Counsell's lineup, not the players. At times, tough decisions will need to be made. Maybe even more unpopular decisions among the players than this, and he is going to need to make those tough decisions. They aren't going to always be handed to him like Braun did.

Lineup order matters very little. The difference between batting 3rd or 5th is also very little.

Counsel is doing great. Making tough moves? He just Arcia down. Last year things like putting down Guerra, Peralta. Pulled the plug on Villar last year, has now pulled it on Sogard twice. I mean, when Braun came back it was whining about how all he'll do is put him back in the 3 hole and braun will suck. Well, he does exactly what ya'll wanted and you're complaining about the manner in which he did it. Plus, Braun has been great.

For all the nitpicking of Counsel on here you'd think we're below .500 and have some clear locker room issues rather than massively overachieving the last two years I think he's got the locker room fully on his side to do whatever he sees fit. Of course little stuff here or there that we might do different, but overall he's doing great. Let's get behind him

Archived