Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Eye Black

Really ticked at Counsell right now. You had such a great thing going with this pen when Corey was out. Instead of going forward with the same plan you did everything you could just to automatically make Knebel the 'closer' again.

Worse yet you didn't learn from it on Friday when you got burned by it.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have rolled with Jeffress. Start using Knebel in low leverage situations until he gets his head back. Hindsight is always 20/20, but we have learned in Knebel's absence that we don't necessarily need a designated 9th inning closer to be successful. Just because he is back from the DL doesn't have to mean he is our closer.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Time to go back the Knebel is hurt bullpen. For right now he needs to be working in games we're winning 17-6, not these. Jeffress should have finished this. I don't think Knebel is finished or anything, but he has to work through this in another role.

I wouldn't go that far, but he should really be a 7th inning guy right now.

I would because there are lots of options performing better. If the bullpen wasn't the best in the majors I'd agree, but the group is too good to allow this to close games.

So stupid to revert to ridiculous bullpen dogma when you've been so successful bucking it all year long.

Yes totally, with the bullpen the Brewers have now, and the way it's been working, now is the time to really subvert bullpen dogma (the way they were doing with Knebel out) rather than revert to it.

Time to go back the Knebel is hurt bullpen. For right now he needs to be working in games we're winning 17-6, not these. Jeffress should have finished this. I don't think Knebel is finished or anything, but he has to work through this in another role.

There was no reason to change what they were doing with the pen. None. It was wildly successful and Knebel was just another weapon to add to that arsenal; instead they seem dead set on handing him the 9th again regardless of matchup, situation, and other information.

So stupid to revert to ridiculous bullpen dogma when you've been so successful bucking it all year long.

Hader wasn’t available and they didn’t want to pitch Jeffress two innings. Not that surprising the third best guy (though shaky late) to pitch.

There we go! And against Conforto the guy that messed him up last time. Great week of baseball keep it going.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Nothing wrong with going to Knebel there. If you can’t go to him with a two run lead, when can you?

Brewers win!!!

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived