Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Eye Black
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 at bats 2 line drives for Braun.

On base 7 of 13 plate appearances since returning from DL. Hopefully he continues.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I go Knebel to be honest. We have to trust Knebel and that allows us all three fresh going into the start of the week.

Or maybe not..

We do, but he may be working himself out of late inning situations.

I'm confident Knebel will be fine and last game was a fluke. But overall I'd prefer to keep the strategy that has been working so great and just let JJ finish.

Exactly. I normally don't like to just assume things are going to continue the way they've gone, but there are just too many reasons to doubt Knebel. Also, using relievers more than 1 inning is a good strategy and they don't have a good reason to abandon it now.

Knebel needs to be relegated to earlier situations for now. This pen has been way too good closing out games in his absence to just be automatically granting him his role back. 2 out of the last 3 days now!

Well coming into this inning the situation couldn't have been any better for a major league closer and Knebel isn't executing. Lead off bomb and walking the 9 hitter on 4 pitches. Gotta be better than that no matter what inning you're pitching.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Time to go back the Knebel is hurt bullpen. For right now he needs to be working in games we're winning 17-6, not these. Jeffress should have finished this. I don't think Knebel is finished or anything, but he has to work through this in another role.

I wouldn't go that far, but he should really be a 7th inning guy right now.

Archived