Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Eye Black
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thames better get a lot of playing time when he gets back just not at the expense of Aguilar. Thames had an ops almost identical to where Thames was at coming into today. Can Thames play of with yelich and Cain? Braun and Santana are the guys who don't deserve the playing time when Thames gets back

Thames in the OF? No thanks.

Played 30 games in the OF last year. I don't recall him being any worse than Braun is in left.

Thames had really limited range (as does Braun), but Thames was pretty rough to watch out there. Braun at least looks like an outfielder. Thames doesn't get to much that isn't hit right to him.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thames in the OF? No thanks.

Played 30 games in the OF last year. I don't recall him being any worse than Braun is in left.

Thames had really limited range (as does Braun), but Thames was pretty rough to watch out there. Braun at least looks like an outfielder. Thames doesn't get to much that isn't hit right to him.

I guess it just depends on the upside of 5 Thames ABs per game vs. the downside of the ball being hit far enough away from Thames and not close enough to LoCain to hurt the Crew.

Thames doesn't have to be a world beater in the of to be close to Braun and with who we have in the of now it would be even easier for him. It isn't like Santana or Braun are very good out there

Thames better get a lot of playing time when he gets back just not at the expense of Aguilar. Thames had an ops almost identical to where Thames was at coming into today. Can Thames play of with yelich and Cain? Braun and Santana are the guys who don't deserve the playing time when Thames gets back

You could occasionally do Aguilar at 3rd and Thames at 1st but then you have nowhere to play Shaw and he's every bit the every day guy that Yelich and Cain are.

Only other way to work Thames in is to stick him out in LF and move Yelich to RF. Never thought I'd see Thames back in the OF this year but if you want to get all of Thames, Shaw and Aguilar in the lineup on the same day that's the only way.

With Santana playing better we are going to finally that mega logjam we were worried about when Thames comes back...it appears. Santana is probably the odd man out.

LHP:

Aguilar/Braun

RHP:

Aguilar/Thames (Thames/Santana also could be popular)

Both scenarios shift Yelich to RF with Santana having nowhere to play. I would play Thames in LF for RHP no problem when he OPS 1.000 against them. Of course if Aguilar comes back down to earth he probably doesn’t start vs. LHP making things easier.

One real bad inning and it could have been avoided with help from his defense by Aguilar and Santana.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Oh Sogard just was unlucky again.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Such a loaded lineup until you get to 2B, C, SS.

Villar's K rate is getting kind of ridiculous for a player who hits for almost no power. Over 30% last year and this year. Usually when you get to the guys over 30% you're at least getting some pop in return.

Such a loaded lineup until you get to 2B, C, SS.

Villar's K rate is getting kind of ridiculous for a player who hits for almost no power. Over 30% last year and this year. Usually when you get to the guys over 30% you're at least getting some pop in return.

Yeah for sure on the 2B and SS but I don't think you could C is such a minus when Pina is playing ...

Archived