Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-27: Mets (Wheeler) at Brewers (Chacín) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-7]

Eye Black

OPS of .359 will do that, especially when you're still getting semi-regular ABs. You should have been here when Oliver Drake was here.

Hahaha no I wasn't here but I watched Oliver Drake and cringed every single time he came in to a game. Yeah, okay, definitely proportionate, guess I still have good memories of the splash Sogard made when he joined the team :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aguilar making up for most of the damage he caused with one swing. Nice.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Thames isn't getting his job back.

Thames will and should start vs. RHP. They'll find a way to work both in the lineup as much as possible. I'd say Braun and Santana are at some risk, though. And of course if Thames slumps he'll see more time on the bench as is with Aguilar, too.

Our offense has answered every deficit lately. Seems like anytime we have fallen behind we respond within an inning.

It would sure be nice if the offense can keep this up finally. We'd be unstoppable with a balanced attack of both pitching and hitting.

Thames better get a lot of playing time when he gets back just not at the expense of Aguilar. Thames had an ops almost identical to where Thames was at coming into today. Can Thames play of with yelich and Cain? Braun and Santana are the guys who don't deserve the playing time when Thames gets back

Thames better get a lot of playing time when he gets back just not at the expense of Aguilar. Thames had an ops almost identical to where Thames was at coming into today. Can Thames play of with yelich and Cain? Braun and Santana are the guys who don't deserve the playing time when Thames gets back

Thames in the OF? No thanks.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

It really is too bad Braun couldn’t play 2B.

Verified Member
Jesus saves us one more time. Good thing Stearns kept him. Platoon with Thames because Jesus needs to play. If Thames falters then Jesus the everyday first baseman. He has earned it.

I realize the competition at 1B is stiff in the NL, but at what point does Aguilar warrant all-star consideration? I mean, 9 HR and 29 RBIs in 30 games is just incredible. At his present trajectory, he could be amongst the league leaders in both categories by July. Not to mention a .320 BA and .400 OBP to boot.

Thames in the OF? No thanks.

Played 30 games in the OF last year. I don't recall him being any worse than Braun is in left.

Archived