Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-26: Mets (Vargas) at Brewers (Anderson) 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 17-6]

Eye Black
Community Moderator
For anyone who cares, Yu Darvish was placed on the DL with triceps tendonitis.

He might end up being fine, but two DL stints over just eight starts through the first couple months of the season seems like an ominous start to a 6 year / $126 million deal.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For anyone who cares, Yu Darvish was placed on the DL with triceps tendonitis.

Well, there's one rotation option down...all the machado smoke will more than likely be replaced by the cubs going after another starter, because they are perilously thin there. Triceps tendinitis doesn't sound like a 1-2 start stint on the 10 day DL.

Listened to most of the game with the Met announcers. They were a hoot. Ron Darling is the best color guy in the business. Too bad Keith Hernandez didn't make the trip. By the end they called Houser: "The Tahlequah Tornado", after having fun trying to pronounce his home town.

I'd take a strong 7 innings from Chase tomorrow, and let Houser finish out the 9-1 win ;)

Way to undersell today's win from yesterday's thread. Lol

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

They are 32-13 when they play someone other than the Cubs.

That's an 103 win team even if they lose all their remaining games with the Cubs....

What's kind of crazy to think about is that they only need to play 5 games over .500 the rest of the season to win 90 games. I mean that should happen, don't you think?

They haven't even had Jimmy.

Listened to most of the game with the Met announcers. They were a hoot. Ron Darling is the best color guy in the business. Too bad Keith Hernandez didn't make the trip. By the end they called Houser: "The Tahlequah Tornado", after having fun trying to pronounce his home town.

No doubt. I live in NYC and they're fantastic. Wish I could think of more examples but they subtly work good humor into every broadcast and you don't even remember their jokes because they don't make a big deal out of it.

Archived