Brewer Fanatic

Sogard and Houser Up, Arcia and Lopez to AAA

JDBrewCrew
What is firing Coles going to do? Is Arcia suddenly going to learn to take a pitch every once in a while if Coles is fired?

Maybe CS's hitting coach would be the immediate replacement, if her works well with turning around Arcia's declining bat.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sogard isn't a good shortstop. His noodle arm barely makes the throws. This guy flat out sucks and this move flat out sucks.

I bet Villar shed a tear today knowing that no matter what he does now, he will lose starts to this clown.

Again, what would be your alternative? Sogard is consistent at SS, his arm is below average for the spot...but he makes the routine plays and has decent range.

All this boo Sogard, but if you can't mention a viable alternative it just sounds like whining.

Why do we need a 2nd backup shortstop. We already have Perez.

Milwaukee Brewers

Verified account

@Brewers

3m3 minutes ago

INF Eric Sogard has been recalled from Triple-A @skysox. RHP Adrian Houser has been recalled from Double-A @BiloxiShuckers. SS Orlando Arcia and RHP Jorge López have been optioned to Triple-A.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Verified Member
Should Nate Orf just retire at this point? He's played almost half his AAA games this season at SS, so clearly he can be a backup to Saladino, and meanwhile we are wasting not one but two utility spots with offensive liabilities in Sogard and Hernan Perez

Orf should ask for his release.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Last night Sogard saw 11 pitches in 2 ABs, singled, and scored the winning run.

I don't think he's good or a long-term answer. I get the frustration. But we shouldn't pretend he is useless or without skill. In the lefty PH, 25th man role, he is fine for NOW. Until Arcia shows he can hit more consistently.

Orf should ask for his release.

I like Sogard but this is beyond true..... if results aren't taken seriously at AAA, just get rid of the poor sap.

Stearns values the 40 man roster and doesn't want to put any players on it before he has to. Once Orf is on the 40 man roster then he'll get every benefit of the doubt also just like Sogard.

Can't take Franklin off while on DL right? That is about the only move available, until Nottingham comes up to 25 man roster.

There is way too much over reaction on this board lately. Sogard is not great, but he showed last year he can go on a tear and be very productive (.393 OBP). As long as he is our 25th man, I'm fine with him being up.

Saladino is this year's Sogard, but when he starts slowing up, I expect him to be replaced as well.

But they’re not replaced usually. Hell Sogard basically was a starter before being sent down. If he was restricted to the 25-man spot, people probably wouldn’t say much. But that’s not what happens and I fully expect Sogard to be starting tonight because he’s had one good at bat in his last fifty.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

But they’re not replaced usually. Hell Sogard basically was a starter before being sent down. If he was restricted to the 25-man spot, people probably wouldn’t say much. But that’s not what happens and I fully expect Sogard to be starting tonight because he’s had one good at bat in his last fifty.

I'll guarantee Sogard won't start tonight. Only because the Crew face a LHP tonight.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'll guarantee Sogard won't start tonight. Only because the Crew face a LHP tonight.

Agreed. But it still won’t shock me if he did.

Just one opinion. Can we put a hold on the Sogard hate on break? Yes, I know he is why the Brewers are in last place, but still....

Would also like to hear just a bit less from all the folks who know CC plays him because he is little, skinny and can't hit, just like CC.

Let's enjoy this for now before the bound to happen slump occurs, and we can select new demons.

Sure. Let’s put the Sogard hate on hold. Let’s be nice to Sogard. He’s such a nice guy. Oh that nerd just should just get a pass. Great clubhouse leader, such a hard worker, and oh that grit! Immeasurable. But let’s treat Villar like absolute trash even though he’s twice the player and has done more in his young career than Sogard would dream of. But we all know the reason for that.

I think I’d rather hear less from the Debbie downers who think this team will eventually fold because well hey, they’re the Brewers. SMH.

Well you missed the point. I am just saying we know what he is and do not need to keep pounding away at it. BTW I was never a Villar trasher.

As far as "Debbie Downers" I merely refer to the probability we will hit a rough patch, as all teams do, let's enjoy this for now.

I hope that is clearer to you.

Sure. Let’s put the Sogard hate on hold. Let’s be nice to Sogard. He’s such a nice guy. Oh that nerd just should just get a pass. Great clubhouse leader, such a hard worker, and oh that grit! Immeasurable. But let’s treat Villar like absolute trash even though he’s twice the player and has done more in his young career than Sogard would dream of. But we all know the reason for that.

I think I’d rather hear less from the Debbie downers who think this team will eventually fold because well hey, they’re the Brewers. SMH.

Aside from one guy who said they would take Sogard over Villar and pretty much everyone disagreed with him, does anyone really trash Villar anymore?

Sogard was sent down. He didn't get a pass. He's back because of Arcia's bat and frankly poor approach, swinging wildly, and lack of pitches seen per AB. I would have liked to see Orf up instead, however, just to see what he can do. I could do away with about any of 3 guys on the 40 man to do this.

The Villar of 2017 played waaaaaaay too much, at LEADOFF nonetheless. If he simply isn't on the team last season, the Brewers are in the playoffs. CC waited until Sept. to bench him fully. Villar was given and is given more rope to merely be on the team than any other player on the Brewers and it isn't even close. What makes him an easy target are his mental errors, questionable D, and strikeout tendency-making him a poor pinch hitting candidate with late inning pitching.

I think he just was asking for a break from the extreme negativity not singing his praises. Your reply was quite the dose of sarcasm. if his post got you that wound up maybe you should take a break from posting for a bit.

Aside from one guy who said they would take Sogard over Villar and pretty much everyone disagreed with him, does anyone really trash Villar anymore?

Winning run last night?

Winning run last night?

Do you really think that anyone is going to change their opinion and want Sogard starting over Villar based on one single AB?

Archived