Brewer Fanatic

Sogard and Houser Up, Arcia and Lopez to AAA

JDBrewCrew

Milwaukee Brewers

Verified account

@Brewers

3m3 minutes ago

INF Eric Sogard has been recalled from Triple-A @skysox. RHP Adrian Houser has been recalled from Double-A @BiloxiShuckers. SS Orlando Arcia and RHP Jorge López have been optioned to Triple-A.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand what the infatuation with Sogard is. It's not like he went to AAA and righted the ship for himself. I get sending Arcia down so he can figure things out. The timing isn't terrible since Saladino is hitting for now.

eric sogard spent less than 20 days optioned. if he stays on a major league roster or major league disabled list for the rest of the season, he will not burn his final option. however, he has enough service time to refuse an optional assignment, voiding his contract and becoming a free agent.

Arcia going down makes sense.

Sogard coming back up makes ZERO sense.

CC will not be able to stop himself from starting him, watch and see.

This makes me sad.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Arcia going down makes sense.

Sogard coming back up makes ZERO sense.

CC will not be able to stop himself from starting him, watch and see.

This makes me sad.

Sogard came up because he can play SS, he's the best player in the minors that can play a decent SS. Hopefully Sogard is virtually glued to the bench, ph role only and build from there. Perez has been ok lately and Villar has really stepped up, Sogard shouldn't get any starts at 2b unless as I said...he proves he's seeing the ball better in a PH role.

Lopez/Houser swap seems like a fresh arm swap.

Sogard isn't a good shortstop. His noodle arm barely makes the throws. This guy flat out sucks and this move flat out sucks.

I bet Villar shed a tear today knowing that no matter what he does now, he will lose starts to this clown.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Sogard isn't a good shortstop. His noodle arm barely makes the throws. This guy flat out sucks and this move flat out sucks.

I bet Villar shed a tear today knowing that no matter what he does now, he will lose starts to this clown.

Again, what would be your alternative? Sogard is consistent at SS, his arm is below average for the spot...but he makes the routine plays and has decent range.

All this boo Sogard, but if you can't mention a viable alternative it just sounds like whining.

Really smart moves. Arcia shouldn't be accruing MLB service time while learning to hit. He's too valuable long term for that. Saladino is a good player now that that Brewers allowed him to go back to the leg kick he used earlier in his career.

Sogard won't play much, that spot is fairly low impact.

Also smart to continue to keep fresh arms in the pen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Again, what would be your alternative? Sogard is consistent at SS, his arm is below average for the spot...but he makes the routine plays and has decent range.

All this boo Sogard, but if you can't mention a viable alternative it just sounds like whining.

Oh I am 100% whining and I know it... lol.

If they are getting a backup catcher for a few $$, cant we find a fresh middle infielder the same manner?

Give Orf a shot and Saladino a chance to play every day. Villar may be a better SS than Sogard.... Perez a better 2b man than Sogard... (ok ok that sentence may be a stretch.)

UGH just I've had enough of the Franklin's and the Sogard's of the world! Saladino was a welcome addition, Stearns is good like Melvin was at finding that guy who needs a change of scenery and then ride them til they go back to normal career levels.... sign up JJ Hardy bring him home cheap to make a championship run with us as a bench player... IDK. I just have such high hopes I want to see some exciting moves, not ones that make me throw up in my mouth.

Rant over. I'm done whining now. lol. I now realize this is the back end of the team and , no, doesn't mean much - as long as CC knows that and sits him deep on the bench where he belongs... but I don't trust him to do that... :(

They just found a catcher give a shot to, why not do that? It is "boo Sogard" because I'm tired of giving Counsell players that he will end up playing too much. Is that whining? Sure go ahead and call it that but this move is flipping ridiculous. He wasn't even hitting in Colorado Springs.

Perez, Sogard, and I'm sure Saladino will follow suit soon. Recipe for a disaster of lineups.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Arcia doesn't deserve to be starting right now so hopefully he figures something out in AAA. They can ride the Saladino wave for a while but I doubt it lasts so certainly a position to target at the trade deadline. Sogard is probably looking at a DFA if he doesn't turn it around the next few weeks.

A trade for literally any fringe roster SS in baseball. There is no shortage of guys who can play a passable shortstop and offer nothing offensively in MLB. Orf up as a bench guy, Saladino getting most of the starts. Orf can play SS.

Or, just left Arcia alone. For all the complaining we do about Arcia, Sogard has somehow been much worse offensively this year, is 32, and is about 100 times inferior of a defensive SS than Arcia. I have no clue what their obsession is with this guy. He's like the new Nieuwenhuis, only much worse.

Sogard got demoted because he sucked, he continued to suck in AAA, and he inexplicably got called back up for no apparent reason. This is a laughably bad move and literally just about any alternative would have been better. It feels like nothing more than they're annoyed that they spent 2 and a half million bucks on him and want to try their hardest to salvage something out of it.

They just found a catcher give a shot to, why not do that? It is "boo Sogard" because I'm tired of giving Counsell players that he will end up playing too much. Is that whining? Sure go ahead and call it that but this move is flipping ridiculous. He wasn't even hitting in Colorado Springs.

Perez, Sogard, and I'm sure Saladino will follow suit soon. Recipe for a disaster of lineups.

CC this Sunday says, hold my beer! :devil

It will be a bit annoying if Sogard plays a lot, but theoretically he should play very little. Villar should start most days at 2b and Perez shoudl get the other starts. Sogard should only be the primary backup at SS, which is probably 1-2 starts a week with Saladino getting the others. If that's the case, this move shouldn't be too bad.

The goal here is for Arcia to get some work in the minors and come back in a month or two. Sogard will likely give us decent defense and a backup SS, and maybe 40-50 AB during that stretch. If Arcia isn't ready, we make a move in July. I don't believe we could easily find a player that can play SS and is a better option than Sogard for cheap...which is what I'm sure Kratz is.

Arcia certainly needs time to figure out his hitting. I totally agree with this move now especially while Saladino is hitting. The larger issue I will have with this is the all but certainty of more days than necessary when CC finds the need to start Sogard at SS and Perez at 2B. Both of these guys are 25th guys on a roster and I am certain we will see them in tandem which will cause an awful bottom of the lineup with: 6. Perez 7. Pina 8. Sogard 9. Pitcher.

A trade for literally any fringe roster SS in baseball. There is no shortage of guys who can play a passable shortstop and offer nothing offensively in MLB. Orf up as a bench guy, Saladino getting most of the starts. Orf can play SS.

Or, just left Arcia alone. For all the complaining we do about Arcia, Sogard has somehow been much worse offensively this year, is 32, and is about 100 times inferior of a defensive SS than Arcia. I have no clue what their obsession is with this guy. He's like the new Nieuwenhuis, only much worse.

Sogard got demoted because he sucked, he continued to suck in AAA, and he inexplicably got called back up for no apparent reason. This is a laughably bad move and literally just about any alternative would have been better. It feels like nothing more than they're annoyed that they spent 2 and a half million bucks on him and want to try their hardest to salvage something out of it.

Sending Arcia down to work on things makes sense. He was struggling and teh plate and the results don't matter down there...he can hopefully get it together and work his way back up. Orf is not a good SS, he's be well below average there at the MLB level...and not as good as Sogard(who is also below average there). I could understand lookign for a fringe SS via trade, but otherwise this was the only move. We can always scour the market in July, but in theory Sogard shouldn't get many AB...only 1-2 starts a week at SS with Saladino getting the rest.

I wouldn't make any assumptions about Sogard not getting playing time. He started the entire series prior to his demotion when he was batting about .100.

This guy went down to Colorado Springs and figured out nothing, because he just isn't good. He had a flipping .567 OPS in AAA. That is beyond bad for Colorado Springs.

I really wish Sogard had just refused his first demotion and went home. Remember, as a 5+ year vet he had to agree to his demotion. He could have just gone home and still got paid. It makes it feel more like they had an under the table agreement with him to go down for a couple weeks to try to get it going and then he was coming back up no matter what.

Post removed for violating the board policy on language

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It will be a bit annoying if Sogard plays a lot

It will happen. Book it. Just like Perez getting starts in the outfield when we have four guys to play there that other teams would love to have. Sogard will take over second base. When he's not playing there, he will slide over to shortstop. It is the worst thing that could've happened to this team right now.

I have to hope the leash will be short with Sogard. Gosh is sucks that Dubon got hurt. He'd be getting regular time with the Brewers if he were still around.

I don't really understand the move with Sogard, except for the fact maybe that he's already on the 40-man. Have to think Saladino is going to see most of the time at SS now.

I am laughing at those who say Sogard won't be playing...

CC has proven time and time again that he can't resist playing the guy.

If he doesn't start games, you can bet he pinch hits in key situations that he has no business pinch hitting in.

Say what you want, but I will believe he won't play when I see it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived