Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-25: Mets (Syndergaard) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings; Shaw w/ walk-off walk]

TooLiveBrew
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Despite a blown save from Knebel tonight, I have to say that it sure is nice having a lights-out pen. Not worried about Knebel, either. His velocity is great, and he's looked good since coming off the DL. Just lost his command tonight. Still a great weapon at the back end of the pen.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WALK OFF WALK!!!

Not easy, but a W is a W

You could tell as soon as he went 2-0 to Shaw after walking Perez, this guy ain't hitting the zone 3 times, Shaw is going to win this if he just stands there. Really he didn't even throw 1, got a call.

He got the classic “Congratulations for finally getting it close to the strike zone” call you give little leaguers.

Anticlimactic finish, but really nice to get the win after using Hader and Jeffress across multiple innings tonight.
It’s nearly a must win when those guys pitch multiple innings. Now we need a complete game from Chase to get things back in order.

That had to feel good for Sogard, base hit in the 10th and scoring the winning run, and I'm happy for him. I'm not a big fan of Sogard the player but he seems like a good dude and I'm not a heartless monster.

Now, back to the bench sir, until your inevitable DFA.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Anticlimactic finish, but really nice to get the win after using Hader and Jeffress across multiple innings tonight.

I believe we are still undefeated, something crazy like 18-0 or 19-0, when Hader pitches in the game. Just insane, a simple stat but still one that tells you how valuable he is for us out of the pen.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
It’s nearly a must win when those guys pitch multiple innings. Now we need a complete game from Chase to get things back in order.

I'd take a strong 7 innings from Chase tomorrow, and let Houser finish out the 9-1 win ;)

That had to feel good for Sogard, base hit in the 10th and scoring the winning run, and I'm happy for him. I'm not a big fan of Sogard the player but he seems like a good dude and I'm not a heartless monster.

Now, back to the bench sir, until your inevitable DFA.

:laughing :laughing :laughing

It was stupid to take Hader out. He's getting a couple days off regardless so let him go one more inning where he's facing Flores and a couple of lefties.

Yeah its apparent they've gone back to the traditional "Corey is our 9th inning guy" approach which is just baffling to me. This pen is by far at its best playing matchups, giving guys multiple innings when they're right, and ignoring traditional roles. So of course they go back to the conventional approach.

I really hope Craig learns from this, fortunate it didn't cost them the game.

I see your guys point to. Sometimes forget how ‘old’ he is. I forget I’m 34....and all these guys seem young! we aren’t getting any younger lol

34? You're just a kid. ;) I'll be on Medicare in January. :tongue

I see your guys point to. Sometimes forget how ‘old’ he is. I forget I’m 34....and all these guys seem young! we aren’t getting any younger lol

34? You're just a kid. ;) I'll be on Medicare in January. :tongue

Hahah!! Brewer fan 34 is really much much older though!!

Archived