Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-25: Mets (Syndergaard) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings; Shaw w/ walk-off walk]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something has been off with Knebel all season. The question is how long do we let it drag on? Another season this would sound reactionary but the pen is too good to let him figure it out. He's played his way out of closer.

Hader can't be moved but Jeffress is pitching like a closer.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I'm sorry but Knebel can't be trusted to protect a one run lead in the ninth. His track record says so.

His track record of 39 saves last year? Or is it the 1.78 ERA last year that says that?

Come on man. Yeah, he didn't have it tonight, but that is a pretty big stretch for an "I told you so."

...but Jeffress is pitching like a closer.

This.

There is no more waiting, if someone can't do their job, let someone else do it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Get the first two outs, then crap your pants!??!!

At least there's a chance we end the top of the ninth tied...

Closers shouldn't get the chance to walk 3... After 2, time for a change.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Why do we even have a specified closer? I said it when he came back and they labeled him the closer...why? Why does he sit for days waiting for that one opportunity? Just pitch the best dude in the pen. Jeez.

I'm sorry but Knebel can't be trusted to protect a one run lead in the ninth. His track record says so.

His track record of 39 saves last year? Or is it the 1.78 ERA last year that says that?

Come on man. Yeah, he didn't have it tonight, but that is a pretty big stretch for an "I told you so."

Pretty sure he was referring to this years results

Get the first two outs, then crap your pants!??!!

At least there's a chance we end the top of the ninth tied...

Closers shouldn't get the chance to walk 3... After 2, time for a change.

But it clearly states in the Managers Handbook that a Closer, closes games....

Unfortunately the edition CC has was cowritten by Ned Yost and RRR...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Pretty sure he was referring to this years results

10 appearances total, with a 5-week injury absence in between? I sure hope not.

Yeah, but he also blew alot of one run saves. Give him two or more and he's lights out.

Archived