Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-25: Mets (Syndergaard) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings; Shaw w/ walk-off walk]

TooLiveBrew
YEa with how close Shaw was to really not making significant money in this game. If you bought out his arby and another year or two and let him put 30 mil in the bank I don't think he's walking away. Note, I did no research on years left etc so cut some slack. Just getting at the general premise of locking up the money to set him for life

I can get behind this 100% not that it’s our call but yeah good work should be rewarded - just like there should be some form of decline penalty for absurd deals. It’s nice to see some teams moving away from those bad bad deals but it’s not a perfect system by any means !

Right and I don't blame them at all for making him show it again. Look how they were almost burned by Villar. Someone said his agent made some comments not happy about him not getting a deal last offseason, would lead me to believe they want to do exactly what I'm getting at by setting him for life. As long as they don't have some crazy expectations (which they really can't given his arby situation) you'd think something could get worked out if does well for the rest of the year

Completely agree. Let’s see what he does the back half of this year. If he leads us to the promised land... I think we have our answer !

Side bar- boy that Hader fella can throw a baseball.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manny Pina is a good catcher. I don't see why we need to consider him as anything other than our starting catcher for the remainder of this year.

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Brewers.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Manny Pina is a good catcher. I don't see why we need to consider him as anything other than our starting catcher for the remainder of this year.

He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Brewers.

Agreed. I think he deserves some of the credit for the surprising performance of the pitching staff this year. While I wish he could knock that average up higher, a team could do much, much worse than Manny Pina as a #1 catcher.

Absolutely has a lot to do with our pitching stats this year.

Get a solid 2B somehow (or just let Villar ride...), get Arcia back on track, and we should be in good shape for a playoff run.

Darn walks. He looked so sharp the first two guys then just couldn't locate anything.

Yea JJ has been so good so you question. But i'd guess since he can pitch multiple innings they prefer him not paired with Hader so to speak

Community Moderator
Having an established "closer" is so stupid.

Agreed. I know the whole hindsight thing, but it sure seems Hader could have been used in the 8th and 9th tonight with someone else taking the 7th.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Kind of a sad throw via Yelich to be honest.

Yeah, thought the same exact thing. I expected a close play at home and all we get is a limp noodle throw.

disappointing.

Kind of a sad throw via Yelich to be honest.

Yeah, thought the same exact thing. I expected a close play at home and all we get is a limp noodle throw.

disappointing.

I was a little excited since it was so shallow...ended up so inaccurate.

A couple days ago I said Knebel made me more nervous than JJ/Hader/Albers and people jumped all over me

you are the best...

Having an established "closer" is so stupid.

Agreed. I know the whole hindsight thing, but it sure seems Hader could have been used in the 8th and 9th tonight with someone else taking the 7th.

Or Guerra pitching the 7th since he was only at 70ish pitches and still throwing well.

Archived