Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-25: Mets (Syndergaard) at Brewers (Guerra) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings; Shaw w/ walk-off walk]

TooLiveBrew
Wasn't Villar the one that hit the bullet that ended in the DP. one of the hard balls he's hit this year

Not referring to that last AB in particular, but he's 2 for his last 14. Not normally a huge deal of a stretch but when he was essentially benched for Sogard last time he was up, not what you'd like to see.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also I hope Travis Shaw takes up third base at Miller Park as his career home. I just love the guy and the swing fits here so so so well.

Yeah Shaw hasn't been the regression candidate everyone expected.

I doubt he signs with Milwaukee long term. He and his agent made some nasty comments about the Brewers front office this winter after the Brewers chose to "renew" his contract.

Also I hope Travis Shaw takes up third base at Miller Park as his career home. I just love the guy and the swing fits here so so so well.

Yeah Shaw hasn't been the regression candidate everyone expected.

I doubt he signs with Milwaukee long term. He and his agent made some nasty comments about the Brewers front office this winter after the Brewers chose to "renew" his contract.

Money talks...so does having a daughter with a rather unfortunate health condition that will effect her for life. Travis Shaw isn’t going to hold a petty grudge if the numbers match.

It would be hard to do a long term deal with him. Unless it is just one of those deals to cover the arby years. As it stands he will hit FA at 31 which really isn’t too bad. Trying to tack on two years would be hard since it would put him into FA at a bad age.

Travis Shaw is under team control through 2021, his age 31 season. That's already perfect, not really concerned about losing him after that. If he's around past 2021, great, if not, well those are probably not going to be his best years that follow.

Feeling like we need to keep the Mets at 2 runs, Syndergaard looks locked in.
"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

YEa with how close Shaw was to really not making significant money in this game. If you bought out his arby and another year or two and let him put 30 mil in the bank I don't think he's walking away. Note, I did no research on years left etc so cut some slack. Just getting at the general premise of locking up the money to set him for life

YEa with how close Shaw was to really not making significant money in this game. If you bought out his arby and another year or two and let him put 30 mil in the bank I don't think he's walking away. Note, I did no research on years left etc so cut some slack. Just getting at the general premise of locking up the money to set him for life

I can get behind this 100% not that it’s our call but yeah good work should be rewarded - just like there should be some form of decline penalty for absurd deals. It’s nice to see some teams moving away from those bad bad deals but it’s not a perfect system by any means !

Any chance that walk to Bautista was kind of intentional to get Noah out?

That doesn’t seem like something Craig Counsell would do...but it did bring up a total non homerun threat who may be the worst player in baseball. Maybe more than than the former.

After that gritty ab sogard is now sporting a gritty batting average of .098.

His .339 OBP not that terrible, though.

Wait, my bad, that's his OPS.

P’s B’s and S’s get confusing when you’re straining to find a good stat in a stat line , don’t they? Haha

I can get behind this 100% not that it’s our call but yeah good work should be rewarded - just like there should be some form of decline penalty for absurd deals. It’s nice to see some teams moving away from those bad bad deals but it’s not a perfect system by any means !

Right and I don't blame them at all for making him show it again. Look how they were almost burned by Villar. Someone said his agent made some comments not happy about him not getting a deal last offseason, would lead me to believe they want to do exactly what I'm getting at by setting him for life. As long as they don't have some crazy expectations (which they really can't given his arby situation) you'd think something could get worked out if does well for the rest of the year

Good afternoon, good evening and good night!

This Hader guy, he might be a keeper.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Archived