Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Eye Black
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't understand the relationship between Orlando Arcia and the hitting coach. Is it they refuse to sit together and watch film?? Is it that the concept of plate discipline is a subject they are not comfortable discussing?? How can you watch this kid hit and not be able to explain you cannot hit with your back leg flying towards third base? I don't get what is happening. If he is uncoachable send him down. You cannot keep watching this. He is not turning this around unless they start with these basics.

Verified Member
Boy that Braun contract is going to be fun. Hopefully they'll have the balls to bench him at some point.

I think we all get it, that Braun's last few years of his contract will likely pay him more than what his production will deserve...try to look at it from the standpoint of how much excess value the brewers got from Braun compared to the earlier dollars per year this contract paid him. Braun made $5mil the year he won an mvp right after he inked this current deal, and $7mil in 2012, when he arguably had a better offensive season. He didn't start earning $20 million per year until 2016, and the next two years will see that salary actually decrease back down towards $15 million.

People are talking with confidence that some free agent hitters are going to approach 40 million a season starting in 2019 that would carry the through the same ages the brewers got brauns prime at about $8 million per season on average.

Sorry, Braun being worth way more than his contract 5-6 years ago doesn't make me feel better about being hamstrung by a bad deal for a bad player now. They didn't HAVE to give him a bad 2nd deal. They could have rode out the good deal and walked away after 2015.

Carlos Gomez was worth way more than his contract when he was here, that wouldn't make it any more enjoyable if he was here making $20M a season to put up the numbers he is putting up now.

Braun clearly screwed himself, and pretty much deserves the vitriol he receives.

Still, in this day and age of free agency there is something to be said for an MVP caliber SoCal/Miami guy who was not only willing to stay in Milwaukee for his entire career, but actively tried to make that happen--and it looks like he will. It is rare. I will applaud Braun for that and hope that he contributes to a World Series Champion in a Brewer uniform--the same one he wore when he made his MLB debut.

I don't understand the relationship between Orlando Arcia and the hitting coach. Is it they refuse to sit together and watch film?? Is it that the concept of plate discipline is a subject they are not comfortable discussing?? How can you watch this kid hit and not be able to explain you cannot hit with your back leg flying towards third base? I don't get what is happening. If he is uncoachable send him down. You cannot keep watching this. He is not turning this around unless they start with these basics.

THey need to cement his feet in the box and tape the bat to his shoulder maybe he can see a pitch come in then

No, I don't know how to look this up, but it seems to me that the Brewers play better (have a better record) when Braun is on the DL over the last two years. Is this just my opinion or is it really true??? What is the win-loss record when he is available and when he is not available?

No, I don't know how to look this up, but it seems to me that the Brewers play better (have a better record) when Braun is on the DL over the last two years. Is this just my opinion or is it really true??? What is the win-loss record when he is available and when he is not available?

Total coincidence that the night Braun returns to the 3 hole the offense goes back into the toilet after a great run with him out, no doubt.

only watched the first inning as I was busy. Why the vitriol for Braun after this game 1/4 was as good as anyone else did. First AB of course was a perfect piece of hitting. No strikeouts, what was so bad?

only watched the first inning as I was busy. Why the vitriol for Braun after this game 1/4 was as good as anyone else did. First AB of course was a perfect piece of hitting. No strikeouts, what was so bad?

He saw a total of 5 pitches in his last 3 ABs. He made 4 outs in those 5 pitches.

He grounded into a double play on a first pitch swing and just missed grounding into another one. He got on 25% of the time. He was not good.

Because he didn’t somehow make the entire team hit well.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I saw the double play on replay and it was hit hard and the first AB was of course good. I'm just saying 1/4 night is pretty standard in the league of a blah night, not enough for people to lament that he's absolutely terrible and the cause for a shutout.

I saw the double play on replay and it was hit hard and the first AB was of course good. I'm just saying 1/4 night is pretty standard in the league of a blah night, not enough for people to lament that he's absolutely terrible and the cause for a shutout.

Wasting your breath. Some people will hate just because his last name is Braun and they don't want him around anymore.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Wasting your breath. Some people will hate just because his last name is Braun and they don't want him around anymore.

Bull. I don't like that he's not very good anymore and isn't helping us win and we're paying him a lot of money. It'll take more than a solid opposite field single on a bad pitch right down the middle from a lefty to convince me he's remotely headed in the right direction.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong, but so far I haven't been about Braun. If he rebounds and stays healthy (not happening, but hypothetically) and puts up a 3 WAR season and helps us win in the playoffs I will gladly bump this and laugh at myself. In fact I would prefer that.

And BTW I don't think he's absolutely terrible. Just not very consistent anymore. I fully expect him to start going on a nice run soon, start seeing the ball better, hitting for some pop, and then pretty much the day people start to get excited about him again, something will flare up, he'll suck for a week, something will flare up again, and he'll hit the DL. Rinse and repeat.

Dude came off the DL and went 1 for 4 in a game where there was no one really hitting but here you are berating just him. It's been old for awhile. You're stuck on it. It is what it is but if you can't see how often you write these "write-ups" about Braun, I don't know what to tell ya. You may end up being very right on this issue but it won't make how you've gone about it any less crazy and annoying. Entering mentioning Khrush and Gennett territory now.

Dude came off the DL and went 1 for 4 in a game where there was no one really hitting but here you are berating just him. It's been old for awhile. You're stuck on it. It is what it is but if you can't see how often you write these "write-ups" about Braun, I don't know what to tell ya. You may end up being very right on this issue but it won't make how you've gone about it any less crazy and annoying. Entering mentioning Khrush and Gennett territory now.

If you actually read through the game thread, I didn't initiate any dialogue during or after the game about Braun, even after the double play. Simply responded to other existing questions/conversation about him.

Also not sure what's "crazy" about it, I've simply stated my opinions, I have even said he should start daily against LHP and will have some good runs. Not calling for his release. As far as "annoying", well that's a matter of your perspective -- no one is forcing you to respond to my thoughts on Braun.

Archived