Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-24: Mets (Matz) at Brewers (Davies) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Eye Black

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Off day for Yelich or Shaw? Or Both?
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Jesus at 3rd, Yelich, Cain and Santana in OF. Braun at 1st until the RH relievers come in, then put Jesus back at 1st and bring Shaw back in.

Whenever a home run hitter hits one, I am not sitting him the next day. He has 2 in three games, they come in spurts, and I sure would hate to miss out on Shaw having put another out. My lineup - Yelich out for Braun to start the day, Aguilar at 1B.

i would like to see aguilar at 3rd at least once a week against LHP

Our good "problem" is when thames comes back we always will have 2 good starters on the bench

santana and thames/aguilar

I don't know why people are assuming Braun won't be the odd man out. He can only ride history and reputation for so long. At some point, he has to produce, because at their current production it would be silly to have Braun playing everyday while Aguilar, Thames and Santana regularly sit.

The contract given to Braun is money spent. We can't change it. Trying to force him in as much as possible to try to get our money's worth does no good.

Our good "problem" is when thames comes back we always will have 2 good starters on the bench

I know this seems ridiculous to you, but is there any way you could consider using punctuation and caps on your posts?

I think a few of us would appreciate it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't know why people are assuming Braun won't be the odd man out.

Because up until this point, there has been no indication that he will be. Maybe that will change but as of right now, it is pure speculation that he will sit for others to play.

It will all be decided on the field though. Either Braun will start to hit or he won't and then he probably will see a reduced role. Same with Aguilar. Either he will continue to hit, or he won't, and then he will see a reduced role. As with Thames when he returns. Let's not pretend like he's some sort of a given to produce. We've seen his dry spells a year ago and there was a reason he had to jettison to Korea in the first place. These things will play themselves out and the Brewers will hopefully be in a better place for it as they have plenty of guys who can/should perform.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I don't know why people are assuming Braun won't be the odd man out. He can only ride history and reputation for so long. At some point, he has to produce, because at their current production it would be silly to have Braun playing everyday while Aguilar, Thames and Santana regularly sit.

The contract given to Braun is money spent. We can't change it. Trying to force him in as much as possible to try to get our money's worth does no good.

This isn't a force. We are facing a lefty. Yelich hasn't been particularly effective against them yet this year. Given that and the fact that sometimes Braun comes off the DL very hot, it is worth a start tonight. I don't think anybody sees Braun coming back and starting 5 out of 6 games.

I know this seems ridiculous to you, but is there any way you could consider using punctuation and caps on your posts?

I think a few of us would appreciate it.

Haikus don't require punctuation.

This isn't a force. We are facing a lefty. Yelich hasn't been particularly effective against them yet this year. Given that and the fact that sometimes Braun comes off the DL very hot, it is worth a start tonight. I don't think anybody sees Braun coming back and starting 5 out of 6 games.

I see Braun starting 4-5 of 6 pretty regularly, at least until Thames comes back...that's when it will truly get interesting. If Braun scuffles off the DL, he might lose some playing time. But as another poster noted...sometimes he comes off the DL hitting really well. Theoretically, he should be feeling much better now than he did 10 days ago...and I still believe Braun to be a very good hitter when he's right. I hope he watched some film and studied his at bats a bit, and heads to the plate with a better game plan than he did the first 2 months. His biggest problem was plate discipline/pitch selection these first 2 months. He still has the sweetest swing of anybody on the team, a bit of bad luck and poor plate discipline have been his downfall.

[pre]OPS Team Rank vs. LHP (min. 10 PA)

1. Cain 1.178

2. Aguilar .958

3. Braun .865

4. Thames .775

5. Pina .704

6. Perez .600

7. Yelich .564

8. Villar .539

9. Bandy .539

10. Sogard .425

11. Shaw .422

12. Santana .313

13. Arcia .271[/pre]

Braun has to at least be in there against every lefthander still

i agree. Braun should be on the bench if he hits like his last stretch

It's a great problem to have bc when someone is slumping, plug in the other guy

the obvious one is arcia, he should be on the bench 2-3 days a week until he hits better

and he is the perfect defensive replacement late in the game

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Aguilar

Perez 3B

Pina

Saladino 2B

Arcia

Davies

Yikes.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Cain

Yelich

Braun

Aguilar

Perez

Pina

Saladino

Arcia

Davies

Shaw, Santana and Villar get breathers. Braun back in the #3 hole. Hopefully he comes back and lights it up starting tonight. I still believe he has the hitting talent to carry this offense for stretches. I kinda like this lineup and having some boppers on the bench if needed.

Edit: Yikes? Really? Shaw and Villar aren't great against LHP, so it makes perfect sense. Only change I would have made would be to sit Yelich for Santana.

Yelich has been better against lefties than Santana so fa this year, but I wouldn't get on that to continue.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Archived