Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-23: Diamondbacks (Godley) at Brewers (Suter) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-2]

Followed by a Santana hit and a Villar walk. Haters are running out of things to complain about LOL.

Challenge accepted. I was able to watch the game while on lunch, but when did my lunch break end? MIDDLE OF THE 4TH! Do i get to see a 7 run inning? No i only got to tune in during villars at bat in the first and see the diamondbacks hit 2 homers! [sarcasm]stupid team doesn't know how to time their big innings![/sarcasm]

I know right? The bottom of the 4th had just ended when I got done with work. Stupid noon starts.Who's idea was that?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really. Better glove, better plate discipline, makes better contact, better team guy, better base runner.....

If Sogard is that good, then Stearns should have no problem trading him and his current .631 OPS at Colorado Springs for, well, anything.

Its weird to me that Suter is a good reliever because in his starts everything he gives up is usually in the first 2 innings this year.

Perhaps it's because he is coming in and immediately throwing different stuff than what hitters are used to from the team's other pitchers?

I have been skeptical of Suter as a starter (while always believing he can be a useful MLB pitcher), but he has proven me wrong consistently.

How about I remain skeptical and hope he keeps making me look like a fool?

Worked for me with Aguilar and Jeffress.

A quick scan of the box score shows clearly that the worst batter to get on base today was, surprisingly, Hernan Perez. So everyone complaining about him at the top of the order was correct and the posters who used the outcome of the game to evaluate whether 1 player was in the right batting order position, were wrong. Kinda like judging a pitcher by their W-L record... bassackwards thunking...

No. It proves batting order means very little. In fact, who knows, if Perez was lower in the line-up maybe they only score 5 runs today.

Those who have a cow every single day about who is in the line-up and where have WAY too much angst about it. And have been wrong 31 times now. This isn't like the Packers without Rodgers or the Bucks without Giannis. If a couple bench bats play it's not an automatic loss. If Suter starts a game it's not an automatic loss.

In fact, there's almost an exact correlation between how much people in the IGT complain on page 1 vs wins. The more and louder the complaints are, increases odds they win the game. Waiting for Fangraphs to publish a chart on this any time now.

I was able to watch the game while on lunch, but when did my lunch break end? MIDDLE OF THE 4TH! Do i get to see a 7 run inning? No i only got to tune in during villars at bat in the first and see the diamondbacks hit 2 homers! [sarcasm]stupid team doesn't know how to time their big innings![/sarcasm]

I'm temporarily working second shift, so during the week I'll only be to catch just the one day game. I should leave the house by 1:30, but with 2-on and my guy Travis up it's "just one more pitch...OK just one more pitch and I'll go..." turn off the TV and missed the jack by one pitch.

JSONLINE Article: Aguilar reached out and poked a two-RBI single to put Milwaukee ahead to stay at 3-2. But the Brewers weren't finished. Shaw, up next, golfed a three-run homer out to right to double the lead at 6-2.

Isn't there something grammatically untruthful about this? Wouldn't it quadruple the lead?

At this point, if CC is serious about winning, Salandino HAS to get an extra start or two per week at SS until he cools off. Arcia's struggles at the plate are not going away. If he at least could string together a few good days in a row, I can see sticking with our "guy" but that isn't the case.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I was thinking today as I was watching the game that Santana seems better this year defensively.....covering more ground etc.....maybe giving more effort even?

Went to baseball savant and sure enough......

2017 outs above average for him was -6

2018 so far.....+ 2

Brewers lead all of baseball in this stat......Stearns mission of improving the outfield defense with Cain and Yelich had worked .....Santana improving has also been a big plus.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar.

Is this for real, or are you just trying to get a rise out of the board?

I'll stand by it. Villar had a miserable first four months of 2017 and many said it was early, stay with him, yadda yadda. Sogard, a guy that did have a .380 OBP. last season, struggles and gets demoted in May. I agree with the demotion, but still prefer Sogard's skill set in the short term for this team. We have enough K's on this team, we really don't need more lack of contact from 2B. I'll also take a more reliable glove at 2B too.

I hope Villar continues to do well, improve, etc... Glad to see the new guy doing well at 2B too.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar.

Is this for real, or are you just trying to get a rise out of the board?

I'll stand by it. Villar had a miserable first four months of 2017 and many said it was early, stay with him, yadda yadda. Sogard, a guy that did have a .380 OBP. last season, struggles and gets demoted in May. I agree with the demotion, but still prefer Sogard's skill set in the short term for this team. We have enough K's on this team, we really don't need more lack of contact from 2B. I'll also take a more reliable glove at 2B too.

I hope Villar continues to do well, improve, etc... Glad to see the new guy doing well at 2B too.

Sogard doesn't have a skill set. He has a low career OBP, and doesn't hit for power. He was striking out in 25% of his ABs prior to his demotion too, so no, he hasn't even been great at making contact.

He's just a very mediocre player who, good for him, turned a fantastic month last season into a few million bucks. He's 32, likely isn't improving, and isn't even hitting worth a crap in Colorado Springs.

We are better off looking at other internal options or scouring the waiver wire than we are giving Sogard major league ABs again.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sogard doesn't have a skill set. He has a low career OBP, and doesn't hit for power. He was striking out in 25% of his ABs prior to his demotion too, so no, he hasn't even been great at making contact.

He's just a very mediocre player who, good for him, turned a fantastic month last season into a few million bucks. He's 32, likely isn't improving, and isn't even hitting worth a crap in Colorado Springs.

We are better off looking at other internal options or scouring the waiver wire than we are giving Sogard major league ABs again.

It's very likely that if Dubon hadn't blown out his knee, he's up with the team and seeing the majority of the 2B action right now. But things are what they are, and we're going to have to roll with Arcia's struggles at SS, and the occasional Villar brain fart at 2B. It is very fortunate that Villar has been decent lately. If we can get a .285 average and a .700 OPS with decent defense out of 2B, I'd be satisfied. Now we just gotta get Arcia going.

Saladino seems like a more athletic version of Sogard. I wouldn't be surprised if Sogard was back at some point, though. He'll go on a hot streak at Colorado Springs (because everyone does there eventually), and the Brewers front office will think he figured it out.

Archived