Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-23: Diamondbacks (Godley) at Brewers (Suter) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-2]

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its weird to me that Suter is a good reliever because in his starts everything he gives up is usually in the first 2 innings this year.

Perhaps it's because he is coming in and immediately throwing different stuff than what hitters are used to from the team's other pitchers?

I have been skeptical of Suter as a starter (while always believing he can be a useful MLB pitcher), but he has proven me wrong consistently.

How about I remain skeptical and hope he keeps making me look like a fool?

Its weird to me that Suter is a good reliever because in his starts everything he gives up is usually in the first 2 innings this year.

Perhaps it's because he is coming in and immediately throwing different stuff than what hitters are used to from the team's other pitchers?

I have been skeptical of Suter as a starter (while always believing he can be a useful MLB pitcher), but he has proven me wrong consistently.

How about I remain skeptical and hope he keeps making me look like a fool?

Same boat... I just... I don't know... it feels like he's always on the verge of imploding. Then always makes me look like an idiot! This team may be special... when the guys we pin to the wall either get replaced or demoted.... and the ones we pick on next start producing. I think thats the making of a special team.

I've been a die hard Brewers fan my whole life... back to the late 80s... so believe me... I've seen some things. haha.

Also, as of this very second, the Brewers have the 4th best record in baseball. 1st in the NL...

Niiiiice!

Yankees .689

Red Sox .688

Houston .633

BREWERS .620

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Offline liveforoctober Re: 2018-05-23: Diamondbacks (Godley) at Brewers (Suter) 12:40 PM CDT Report this post #97

Posted: May 23, 2018, 12:44 PM Unread post

Serious question. Jesus Aguilar is still doubted by many to be real.

When is it enough to just call him an improved player who can now really hit major league pitching vs someone who is just having a great 365 days?

I'm really asking.. when does the doubt leave?

i have liked him since last spring...even luke is caving and said he is a good hitter

there are very few that arent on his bandwagon now

i want braun to start hitting too but not take too many ABs from aggie

With what Saladino has done even in a small sample, I don't think Sogard is ever getting his roster spot back.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar. I hope Sogard can get back to where he was hitting last year... lots of confidence with a good eye.

Villar is doing well right now....hope he keeps it up.

We'll see about Saladino.... the dude is playing well.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Serious question. Jesus Aguilar is still doubted by many to be real.

When is it enough to just call him an improved player who can now really hit major league pitching vs someone who is just having a great 365 days?

I'm really asking.. when does the doubt leave?

Similar to Shaw, Aguilar has to prove it all year. He did well the first half of last year in limited playing time but then struggled pretty bad the second half.

He never was given first base. Let's all remember that. Platoon player or guy off the bench has been the label given him from the get go. Most even questioned if he would make the team this season although he was one of our top hitters in 2017 (and again this season).

He hit well last year AND this year with very, very inconsistent playing time. Not until Thames has been hurt has Aguilar had regular playing time. The only one who has held back Aguilar has been CC. Just let the guy play. No reason why he shouldn't be moved off first base so Thames (or Braun for that matter) can get 60 to 70 percent of the 1B at bats...... better with JA getting those at bats until he proves that he's not Pujols.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'd rather be a millionaire but ....

Really. Better glove, better plate discipline, makes better contact, better team guy, better base runner.....

I realize that I have very little to stand on with Sogard hitting horribly this year; I can't complain about Sogard getting sent down- it was deserved. Yet, remember CC was terrible times two in the first half of 2011 and RR stuck with him. I have hopes that Sogard will be back midsummer with a better bat when a middle infielder gets hurt or slumps.

With what Saladino has done even in a small sample, I don't think Sogard is ever getting his roster spot back.

I'll still take Sogard over Villar. I hope Sogard can get back to where he was hitting last year... lots of confidence with a good eye.

Villar is doing well right now....hope he keeps it up.

We'll see about Saladino.... the dude is playing well.

Well, I guess there's always one. That's why statistics exist.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

Followed by a Santana hit and a Villar walk. Haters are running out of things to complain about LOL.

Challenge accepted. I was able to watch the game while on lunch, but when did my lunch break end? MIDDLE OF THE 4TH! Do i get to see a 7 run inning? No i only got to tune in during villars at bat in the first and see the diamondbacks hit 2 homers! [sarcasm]stupid team doesn't know how to time their big innings![/sarcasm]

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

With the way Saladino has been playing, Arcia should be seeing a lot more time off... Basically until Saladino's OPS drops off to Arcia + 0.050 which is sometime in September given Arcia's current numbers...

A quick scan of the box score shows clearly that the worst batter to get on base today was, surprisingly, Hernan Perez. So everyone complaining about him at the top of the order was correct and the posters who used the outcome of the game to evaluate whether 1 player was in the right batting order position, were wrong. Kinda like judging a pitcher by their W-L record... bassackwards thunking...

With the way Saladino has been playing, Arcia should be seeing a lot more time off... Basically until Saladino's OPS drops off to Arcia + 0.050 which is sometime in September given Arcia's current numbers...

This

Archived