Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-23: Diamondbacks (Godley) at Brewers (Suter) 12:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-2]

Not sure why our starters, if healthy, only play 160 games or less when other teams have their starters in for longer.

I hear ya, man. Giving players two - OR MORE! - days off per season is total BS.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Diamondbacks are trash and I am glad we are treating them that way. Pile it on!

Two weeks ago they did not look like trash (24-11, three games better than the Brewers at the time). The Brewers got hot and the D-backs fell off a cliff. Of course the Brewers have had a hand in pushing them.

Serious question. Jesus Aguilar is still doubted by many to be real.

When is it enough to just call him an improved player who can now really hit major league pitching vs someone who is just having a great 365 days?

I'm really asking.. when does the doubt leave?

Similar to Shaw, Aguilar has to prove it all year. He did well the first half of last year in limited playing time but then struggled pretty bad the second half.

Serious question. Jesus Aguilar is still doubted by many to be real.

When is it enough to just call him an improved player who can now really hit major league pitching vs someone who is just having a great 365 days?

I'm really asking.. when does the doubt leave?

I don't doubt that he can hit major league pitching but I do doubt that he will sustain what he has done over the last month or so. But to answer your question, I suppose towards July if he's still doing what he's doing, or close to it, my doubts will probably go by the wayside.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Not sure why our starters, if healthy, only play 160 games or less when other teams have their starters in for longer.

I hear ya, man. Giving players two - OR MORE! - days off per season is total BS.

He's counting playoff and World Series games in that number, so it's closer to 175.

He's counting playoff and World Series games in that number, so it's closer to 175.

Well then I totally agree that resting starters for the entirety of the playoffs is a problem.

This would be a great time to let Logan throw 30-35 pitches over 1-2 innings and hopefully work through command issues. He's getting too much hate, he still shows good stuff...struggling with location. I suspect we'll see a combination of Logan/Williams/Lopez today.

Remember how tired the Cubs looked last season after their World Series win? [sarcasm]Well, Stearns and Counsell have planned for that.[/sarcasm]

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
At what point do the "I hate this lineup, I can't believe _________ is playing, there's no point in watching today" posts end? Asking for a friend...

never. That's been an every game occurrence since I started coming to this site the year Prince Fielder was drafted.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

At what point do the "I hate this lineup, I can't believe _________ is playing, there's no point in watching today" posts end? Asking for a friend...

They can keep posting, as long as the Brewers and the players called out serve them a big ol' plate of crow by the end of the IGT.

Villar has been playing a very nice second base.

Followed by a Santana hit and a Villar walk. Haters are running out of things to complain about LOL.

The Brewers are 14-17 against teams with a winning record. If the DBacks lose two more, that will drop to 9-16, and we can start picking at that thread again.

That is Suter's game. Give up a run or two early, make everyone here think he's horrible, then you look up and he's through 5 with still only those 2 on the board.

:laughing Now hopefully he can give us a 6th and save the pen a bit.

Followed by a Santana hit and a Villar walk. Haters are running out of things to complain about LOL.

The Brewers are 14-17 against teams with a winning record. If the DBacks lose two more, that will drop to 9-16, and we can start picking at that thread again.

I'm pretty sure that if WE are the reason they go from a winning record to a losing record, that stat is moot!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
That is Suter's game. Give up a run or two early, make everyone here think he's horrible, then you look up and he's through 5 with still only those 2 on the board.

Yes I know I am quoting myself, but just wanted to draw attention to this yet again. This has been a typical Brent Suter game. Sometimes guys that know how to pitch can also get the job done.

Archived