Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no way to back this up, but PHing for your pitcher with two outs and no one on seems like a wasted resource. I know the pitcher is done, but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just let your pitcher hit and save the PHer for some other time. Maybe save him for a match up later in the game or something or with men on base? I wonder sometimes.

And let him get hurt? No. PH everytime you can.

Anderson, Nelson, Guerra. All batting/running. No thank you.

Last time I checked, pitchers were professional athletes. The odds of them getting hurt as a hitter/runner are still very slim.

And in the last 14 months 3 went down for long periods of time due to non-pitching injuries. I'd rather not chance those long odds any more than we need to.

Its not about avoiding injury, it's about trying to give away as few outs as possible, particularly late in a close game. If a ph finds a way to get on base in the pitchers spot the top of the order comes up with men on, regardless of how many outs there are.

I’m surprised at how well Chase settled down today , sure looked like it may be a rough one, that was a pleasant surprise . Also encouraged by how good Albers stuff looked today also. Would have loved him in the 8th yesterday , just saying lol.

Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

I've been saying this for weeks. Just so immature and I really question his dedication to his craft. He's not the future.

Offensively, he is struggling hard. Defensively, he is one of the 5 best human beings on this planet to field his position. Your comment needs a clarification or it is silly.

Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

I've been saying this for weeks. Just so immature and I really question his dedication to his craft. He's not the future.

Offensively, he is struggling hard. Defensively, he is one of the 5 best human beings on this planet to field his position. Your comment needs a clarification or it is silly.

He doesn't think that Arcia is the Brewers' shortstop of the future. Seems like a pretty straightforward statement to me.

Questioning someone’s dedication to the game just because they’re struggling is a chicken poop comment. Questioning whether they’re the shortstop of the future is one thing but the other comments are chicken poop.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Haven't gotten to see the last few games so I can't speak to his body language. I guess that would be something open to individual interpretation. I'm sure it may seem like a leap to some to say that, but I would guess that many of us have said similar things about Santana over the last year or two.

yeah pretty much anything over .260 is gravy for arcia as far as i am concerned

his range on defense is unreal

He needs to refind his power. Last year is close to the bare minimum I would expect offensively and still consider him a good starter. Fangraphs rated him out as the #17 SS of 22 that qualified. So he is middle of the pack last year hitting averageish. His defense is great, but below average offense just makes him an okay starter.

Though somehow Arcia rated out #21 last year according to Fangraphs on defense...that...I don't know if I agree with.

Archived