Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

I downloaded the Gametime app. Purchased two tickets for $12 total in the lodge outfield box. Awesome app if anyone heads to games much.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No joke. There are probably a couple of posters here that could out produce Arcia offensively right now.

I know I’d fill out the uniform more.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Man oh man. That would have been nice had that found it’s way over the fence.

Verified Member
I don't know if this has already been said anywhere, but the Arizona Diamondbacks have the most horrendous uniforms in the MLB, possibly in all of the top tier sports.

I don't know what sort of statement (fashion or otherwise) they're trying to make, but they're neither classic nor modern, with terrible aesthetics and colors that seem to evoke a terrible Chinese rip-off of Under Armour clothing, or perhaps an edgy economy car marketed to teenagers. The pattern on the shoulders looks like the result of some sort of spray painting accident.

One could say they're carrying on their legacy of awfulness, the purple and teal, the worst uniform to be worn by a World Series winner.

I'm shocked and apalled that MLB permits them to wear the caps with the gradient which makes a mockery of one of the most iconic looks in sports.

To be clear I have no beef with modern or non-traditional uniforms (there's a lot of classic/retro-style uniforms that are real stinkers too), but there's simply no excuse for this in the top level of baseball.

This is a high quality internet rant right here. Well done.

I have no way to back this up, but PHing for your pitcher with two outs and no one on seems like a wasted resource. I know the pitcher is done, but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just let your pitcher hit and save the PHer for some other time. Maybe save him for a match up later in the game or something or with men on base? I wonder sometimes.

I have no way to back this up, but PHing for your pitcher with two outs and no one on seems like a wasted resource. I know the pitcher is done, but sometimes I wonder if it would be better to just let your pitcher hit and save the PHer for some other time. Maybe save him for a match up later in the game or something or with men on base? I wonder sometimes.

Agree wholeheartedly. Additionally, Greinke came into the game hitting .267, which is probably better than at least half of Arizona's bench.

I thought the same thing

That sounded like a bomb and looked like a bomb before they ever took the camera off Cain.

It was indeed a bomb. Wow

Flipped on the field view of Gameday to see where the HRs were...

... is this real, or is it one of the other three blue dots beyond the fence?

Yeah that's about right. Top of the bleachers next to Fridays under the goodwill sign.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

And let him get hurt? No. PH everytime you can.

Anderson, Nelson, Guerra. All batting/running. No thank you.

Body language not looking great for Arcia right now. It’s understandable. He’s just been that bad.

I've been saying this for weeks. Just so immature and I really question his dedication to his craft. He's not the future.

Let them just stand there and take the strikeout. My reasoning is that the PH being used is essentially worthless...so I guess using the pitcher let him stand at the back of the batter box for all I care.

Let them just stand there and take the strikeout. My reasoning is that the PH being used is essentially worthless...so I guess using the pitcher let him stand at the back of the batter box for all I care.

Why even let pitchers pitch? They could get hurt doing that too.

Last time I checked, pitchers were professional athletes. The odds of them getting hurt as a hitter/runner are still very slim.

Archived