Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-21: Diamondbacks (Greinke) at Brewers (Anderson) 6:40 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-2]

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

HmcsxhQ.jpg

[pre]Diamondbacks Lineup Brewers Lineup

1. David Peralta ® CF 1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF

2. Chris Owings ® RF 2. C. Yelich (L) LF

3. Jake Lamb (L) 3B 3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B

4. P. Goldschmidt ® 1B 4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B

5. Ketel Marte ® 2B 5. Domingo Santana ® RF

6. Jarrod Dyson (L) CF 6. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B

7. Nick Ahmed ® SS 7. Manny Piña (R C

8. Jeff Mathis ® C 8. Orlando Arcia ® SS

9. Zack Greinke ® P 9. Chase Anderson ® P[/pre]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
D-Backs have some of the nicest looking unis (white) and some of the ugliest (gray they are wearing tonight) unis in the majors.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Only one run thankfully, but 26 pitches thrown. Might be a long night's work for the bullpen. Makes me kind of glad CC didn't try hard to win yesterday's game. Didn't want to risk exhausting the bullpen in a potential extra inning game and be gassed for Arizona.

I'm a schlup at home who never played high level baseball but sometimes I wonder why Grienke is so effective. His FB is fairly straight and now sits at 89-90 and his slider seems way different than the FB and easy to pick out. Doesn't seem to throw much beyond that anymore either. But what do I know and his numbers are still good.

I don't know if this has already been said anywhere, but the Arizona Diamondbacks have the most horrendous uniforms in the MLB, possibly in all of the top tier sports.

I don't know what sort of statement (fashion or otherwise) they're trying to make, but they're neither classic nor modern, with terrible aesthetics and colors that seem to evoke a terrible Chinese rip-off of Under Armour clothing, or perhaps an edgy economy car marketed to teenagers. The pattern on the shoulders looks like the result of some sort of spray painting accident.

One could say they're carrying on their legacy of awfulness, the purple and teal, the worst uniform to be worn by a World Series winner.

I'm shocked and apalled that MLB permits them to wear the caps with the gradient which makes a mockery of one of the most iconic looks in sports.

To be clear I have no beef with modern or non-traditional uniforms (there's a lot of classic/retro-style uniforms that are real stinkers too), but there's simply no excuse for this in the top level of baseball.

I don't know if this has already been said anywhere, but the Arizona Diamondbacks have the most horrendous uniforms in the MLB, possibly in all of the top tier sports.

I don't know what sort of statement (fashion or otherwise) they're trying to make, but they're neither classic nor modern, with terrible aesthetics and colors that seem to evoke a terrible Chinese rip-off of Under Armour clothing, or perhaps an edgy economy car marketed to teenagers. The pattern on the shoulders looks like the result of some sort of spray painting accident.

One could say they're carrying on their legacy of awfulness, the purple and teal, the worst uniform to be worn by a World Series winner.

I'm shocked and apalled that MLB permits them to wear the caps with the gradient which makes a mockery of one of the most iconic looks in sports.

To be clear I have no beef with modern or non-traditional uniforms (there's a lot of classic/retro-style uniforms that are real stinkers too), but there's simply no excuse for this in the top level of baseball.

I said this when we were in Arizona. I'm not watching tonight and don't know what their road unis look like, but the first time I saw their home unis I thought the player I was seeing was just sweating profusely on his back and shoulders.

I love the gray jersey, but on TV it looks way too dark. The gray pants that match are terrible.

Yeah. the jersey alone with white pants would probably look good, it's the pants combination that makes it horrible.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived