Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-20: Brewers (Guerra) at Twins (Odorizzi) 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-1]

Eye Black
Community Moderator

HlZK4dh.jpg

[pre]Brewers Lineup Twins Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain ® CF 1. Brian Dozier ® 2B

2. Christian Yelich (L) LF 2. Max Kepler (L) RF

3. Jesús Aguilar ® 1B 3. Eddie Rosario (L) LF

4. Travis Shaw (L) 3B 4. Eduardo Escobar (S) 3B

5. Hernán Pérez ® RF 5. Logan Morrison (L) 1B

6. Ji-Man Choi (L) DH 6. Mitch Garver ® C

7. Jonathan Villar (S) 2B 7. Jake Cave (L) DH

8. Tyler Saladino ® SS 8. Gregorio Petit ® SS

9. Jett Bandy ® C 9. Byron Buxton ® CF[/pre]

Not just “at Night” anymore.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Figured Cain would get the day off, but it's Santana instead.

Otherwise, not shocked to see Bandy, Saladino, and Perez all starting. Kind of house money game today, but I hope the Crew gets greedy. Be nice to see some length from Guerra with Hader and JJ probably unavailable.

Figured Cain would get the day off, but it's Santana instead.

Otherwise, not shocked to see Bandy, Saladino, and Perez all starting. Kind of house money game today, but I hope the Crew gets greedy. Be nice to see some length from Guerra with Hader and JJ probably unavailable.

It’s pretty awesome to be playing with house money on a Sunday ... and even with 2 great relievers out you still have CK and to a lesser extent Albers available ... such a nice pen

My how things have changed. It is relief seeing Choi is in the lineup instead of Braun and then remembering that Braun is on the DL. Does Ryan really need to be hitting 3rd when he comes back? He should hit 6th
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Yeah I’m not sure what Stearns is thinking right now with Bandy. He doesn’t do anything real well.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Relax. Pina needs a break now and then, even the bench plays now and then. He will catch fine, and probably go 0-4. We can handle it.

Just because you’re the bench guy doesn’t mean you get to stink.

I believe Betancourt is released.

I believe you are mistaken.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Relax. Pina needs a break now and then, even the bench plays now and then. He will catch fine, and probably go 0-4. We can handle it.

I don't think that is the point. The point is, we need to give Pina a break once in a while, why not have a guy on the roster that can help us win when that happens?

....and so the Sogard Scapegoat hat passes to Bandy. Perez and Villar high-five in the corner!

Eh, I don’t know. People have been pretty down on Bandy for awhile now. The difference is Counsell isn’t trying to make him a starter like he did with Sogard.

I may be, thought I saw that, but cannot find it now.

I may be, thought I saw that, but cannot find it now.

If they released C Bentancourt .... instead of Bandy... I would seriously be upset at that point ! I think he would be an upgrade to bandy both behind the plate and at the plate.

I also hope this negativity is a reverse jinx today for Bandy. Though not holding my breath.

Call me crazy but I don't really expect the 3rd or 4th option at catcher (Bandy), the 10th reliever (Drake), or the 7th starter (Suter) to be anything but a bad player on an average team, let alone a small market team that started a complete rebuilding overhaul just a few short years ago.

Call me crazy but I don't really expect the 3rd or 4th option at catcher (Bandy), the 10th reliever (Drake), or the 7th starter (Suter) to be anything but a bad player on an average team, let alone a small market team that started a complete rebuilding overhaul just a few short years ago.

You’re crazy. (Sorry door was open)

:laughing But, Suter isn’t a bad pitcher. Drake wore out his welcome because a lot of the time he wasn’t used properly. And Bandy would be fine if there wasn’t a catcher in the minors that is supposed to be superior defensively and is have a nice head offensively. What is to hurt trying that route?

Archived