Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-19: Brewers (Peralta) at Twins (Romero) 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Eye Black
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hot take: Yelich will win an NL MVP while a member of the Brewers...At least I hope he will, I have a $100 bet with someone at work that he will.

Your best bet is if Yelich is around long enough the other person forgets. Yelich is stellar, but I seriously doubt he ever puts up the stats to win an MVP award offensively.

:laughing it’s becoming comical watching guys try to hit Hader.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Hot take: Yelich will win an NL MVP while a member of the Brewers...At least I hope he will, I have a $100 bet with someone at work that he will.

Your best bet is if Yelich is around long enough the other person forgets. Yelich is stellar, but I seriously doubt he ever puts up the stats to win an MVP award offensively.

He could always be like a former 'friend' of mine whom I had a Brewers vs. Cubs NL Central champs bet for $100 with back in 2011 and who just dodged and ghosted me after the season rather than play. Over $100.

Stearns really isn't getting as much credit as he deserves for this pen. While many teams were dropping $7-$10M a year on relievers he stayed true to his valuations and was digging for pocket change for guys like Jeffress and Albers.

I'm ticked Hader is unavailable tomorrow,since I'm going to the game...aside from that selfishness, this has been a fantastic road trip at a time when many thought they were going to get slapped back to reality a bit.

This is a pretty damn deep team that's good at baseball, and they actually can beat teams alot of different ways

Stearns really isn't getting as much credit as he deserves for this pen. While many teams were dropping $7-$10M a year on relievers he stayed true to his valuations and was digging for pocket change for guys like Jeffress and Albers.

And Jennings off waivers has been very effective.

"Counsell is stupid, Hader not used right, Bradley shouldn't have been in the lineup...Brewers win!!" - FVBrewerFan - 6/3/21

NO WAY do I want Hader starting. He is SO much more valuable and deadly in relief. I mean, he is putting up stats that no one has ever seen the likes of before.

At this rate he would have to be an ace to be better as a starter. He currently ranks #16 of all pitchers in baseball in fWAR. Now I don't know if he has been that valuable, but it shows he is having a TOR impact in a bullpen role.

NO WAY do I want Hader starting. He is SO much more valuable and deadly in relief. I mean, he is putting up stats that no one has ever seen the likes of before.

At this rate he would have to be an ace to be better as a starter. He currently ranks #16 of all pitchers in baseball in fWAR. Now I don't know if he has been that valuable, but it shows he is having a TOR impact in a bullpen role.

I think he has the talent to be an amazing starter but it really requires him to develop a change up. If they have decided he just can't get that 3rd pitch I am just fine with him as a bullpen guy.

We will never know if he even has a change up when guys can’t even put his fastball in play.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Besides blowing every hitter away, he did an outstanding job keeping Buxton from stealing second. Even the fact, out of all of the throws to first, none were thrown away was impressive.

Hader is much more valuable where he is. He can shut down games that matter. And we dont have to use him in blowouts or bad losses.

Amazing

Credit to not only stearns but Counsel.

The only thing is if he wants to start but he seems pretty selfless and a team player.

https://twitter.com/dekker/status/998018739504402441

I was thinking more along the lines of a cyborg.

I was absolutely blown away by his performance lastnight, more blown away that one of those helpless saps that he struck out. By far his most impressive outing, and he's had many. He's a lock for the All Star Game. Is it too early to start the Hader for Cy Young campaign?

Archived