Brewer Fanatic

2018-05-18: Brewers (Suter) at Twins (Gibson) 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3]

Eye Black
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was a laser beam throw and Cain was out by one step. That wasn't really a horrible send with 2 outs.

Agree.......every time somebody gets thrown out at the plate it's not Seder's fault.

With 2 outs you make the guy make a good throw......he did.....we move on with a 7-1 lead....oh the horror.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Not a fan of Logan what so ever

The great results of the pen have been spoiling us. This is more how typical pens work. Good days and not so good days.

Logan is a proven solid MLB pitcher. Probably still working out the rust. I'l give him the benefit of the doubt. This is the perfect spot for him to get work.

That was a laser beam throw and Cain was out by one step. That wasn't really a horrible send with 2 outs.

It wasn’t that good of a throw overall. I’d rather have a slower throw on line than having my catcher chase it and run back. He was far enough from being safe he didn’t even attempt an evasive slide. It wasn’t very close.

Like usual after rounding third all I could think was “not even going to be close” and shocking...it wasn’t.

Buxton really isn't that much different than Keon Broxton. Trouble for the Twins is he was a top prospect so he'll get all the time in the world.

Not much difference between them.

Buxton's career: 6.7% BB, 31.6% K, wOBA .294, wRC+ 79

Broxton's career: 10.7% BB, 37.2% K, wOBA .312, wRC+ 93

You could make an argument that Broxton is a better player offensively. I haven't seen much of Buxton defensively, but to be a 3.5 fWAR player last year he must be the best thing in CF since Willie Mays.

Heck, maybe Aguilar since he’s trending backwards through the month of May.

Who do you plan on giving a motivational speech to tomorrow, because today's was a success. :laughing

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

It looked like Cain slowed down coming around third, probably wasn’t expecting to be sent. It’s as good a time as any to have that happen.

He doesn't know the windmill very well yet, he'll learn...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Not a fan of Logan what so ever

The great results of the pen have been spoiling us. This is more how typical pens work. Good days and not so good days.

Logan is a proven solid MLB pitcher. Probably still working out the rust. I'l give him the benefit of the doubt. This is the perfect spot for him to get work.

Meh, I could take Logan or leave him, he's not as proven solid as you'd think, just been around a long time. There isn't much margin for errorBut he has been proven pretty solid at retiring left handed batters. As long as that's all we plan for, I agree, he should get better at that and be given some time.

Community Moderator
Buxton really isn't that much different than Keon Broxton. Trouble for the Twins is he was a top prospect so he'll get all the time in the world.

Not much difference between them.

Buxton's career: 6.7% BB, 31.6% K, wOBA .294, wRC+ 79

Broxton's career: 10.7% BB, 37.2% K, wOBA .312, wRC+ 93

You could make an argument that Broxton is a better player offensively. I haven't seen much of Buxton defensively, but to be a 3.5 fWAR player last year he must be the best thing in CF since Willie Mays.

Buxton is +32 DRS & +16.6 UZR career which puts him 5th/8th among 33 CF with at least 1,500 innings since 2015. Keon comes in at +2 DRS/-1.2 UZR, which puts him 18th in the same sample by both measures.

Buxton is also 3.5 years younger (Keon was in AA at the same age) & showed some improvement at the plate posting an 89 wRC+ over 842 PAs in 2016-17 before getting off to an abysmal start this year.

Between the already upper tier defense, somewhat recent signs of life on offense, relative youth/maybe still untapped upside & Minnesota's market size/place on the win curve I think Buxton is worthy of whatever time he gets.

Archived