Brewer Fanatic

Braun to 10 day DL (Latest: Choi recalled)

Braun's DL stint was retro to 5/14, does that mean he's eligible to come off the DL Thursday? It's weird to think Braun is going to have a tough time getting PT. How do you even consider significantly reducing Aguilar's playing time? And Santana is slashing 288/341/479 over the last 30 days. Going to be interesting to see how we handle that.

Oh and Thames is 4 weeks removed from surgery with an expected 6-8 week absence. A serious roster crunch is 2-4 weeks away, is there any chance we sell sky high on Aguilar in the next week or 2?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At this point I don't think Braun should get to play everyday when healthy and rested. He has to earn his playing time like everyone else. Nothing against him but there are equally good players on this team and none are more suited to part time play than he is. Given his fragility it might be the best role for him going forward.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I have no interest in seeing Braun back off the DL, get plugged right back into the 3 spot and flail away for an 0fer as the offense puts up 1 run.

I know that's probably unfair and I hope he can prove me wrong, but he should not be taking time away from Aguilar right now. I hope at the very least they work him in at the bottom of the order to begin with.

this could just totally mess up the ju ju that we have going right now. Leave him on the DL for a few (10 - 20) more days...
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Sure would nice if Braun hits 5th or 6th or, honestly, serves as Aguillar's backup when he needs a day off. Maybe have Braun start twice a week, once for Jesus and once for Domingo. He isn't good enough anymore to be a starter and definitely not good enough to hit 3rd
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

#RyanBraunForever

Well these next 3 years are going to feel like forever, that's for sure.

I hope so. He’s gonna lead us to at least two World Series wins in those three years.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

#RyanBraunForever

Well these next 3 years are going to feel like forever, that's for sure.

I hope so. He’s gonna lead us to at least two World Series wins in those three years.

If the Brewers win even one Series in the next three years, I daresay it will be the bullpen and about 6 or 7 other guys that will 'lead' the way before Braun does, assuming he isn't hurt come the postseason.

More tweet by adam mccalvey

I don’t know what the Brewers lineup will look like tonight, but with Ryan Braun coming off the DL and Jesus Aguilar leading the offense lately, I’m very much looking forward to the Twitter freakout if there is a number three in front of or behind Braun’s name.

Mccalvey really knows the pulse of this boards reaction....lol

I see both sides and don't think it's a mistake either way. But I get them valuing multiple position flex over a guy who can only play one spot. Considering most days you'll already have at least one legit big bat on the bench. As said, we pull Ps early and look to use some multiple innings, so double switches are going to happen and you need flex. As much as I think Sogard is not an MLB player, I get the logic of having someone who can cover multiple spots. Just wish it was better than him

Curious who gets sent down or DLd, I'm guessing it's Davies but we'll see soon enough

I see both sides and don't think it's a mistake either way. But I get them valuing multiple position flex over a guy who can only play one spot. Considering most days you'll already have at least one legit big bat on the bench. As said, we pull Ps early and look to use some multiple innings, so double switches are going to happen and you need flex. As much as I think Sogard is not an MLB player, I get the logic of having someone who can cover multiple spots.

Curious who gets sent down or DLd, I'm guessing it's Davies but we'll see soon enough

I agree with this, and believe this will be true. The fact he still is "sore" after all this shoulder talk... makes me believe (as i have said many times now) he is hurt more than we have heard. Question is, who will take his spot in the rotation?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I see both sides and don't think it's a mistake either way. But I get them valuing multiple position flex over a guy who can only play one spot. Considering most days you'll already have at least one legit big bat on the bench. As said, we pull Ps early and look to use some multiple innings, so double switches are going to happen and you need flex. As much as I think Sogard is not an MLB player, I get the logic of having someone who can cover multiple spots.

I agree with this, and believe this will be true. The fact he still is "sore" after all this shoulder talk... makes me believe (as i have said many times now) he is hurt more than we have heard. Question is, who will take his spot in the rotation?

No one for now. With off days today, then next Monday and Thursday, they can afford to go a man short in the rotation. Probably won't need a 5th starter until the Cubs series starting on the 11th.

Archived