Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
Bucks acquired Jodie Meeks, cash, and a second round pick from the Wizards. Bucks used their trade exception to acquire Meeks and will be waiving him upon completion of the trade. Unsure if the Bucks sent anything in return. Meeks will begin serving a 25 game suspension for violating the league’s anti-drug program once he signs with his new team.

Wow, what a "What's the point?" deal.

Player acquisition in the NBA is so weird. And stupid.

It’s baby steps but I like it. They couldn’t release Meeks due to their cap so we helped them in exchange for a draft pick.

We should have been doing that concept for years instead of signing our own dead weight contracts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bucks acquired Jodie Meeks, cash, and a second round pick from the Wizards. Bucks used their trade exception to acquire Meeks and will be waiving him upon completion of the trade. Unsure if the Bucks sent anything in return. Meeks will begin serving a 25 game suspension for violating the league’s anti-drug program once he signs with his new team.

An additional 2nd round pick when, supposedly, highschoolers will once again be available to be drafted isn't a bad thing for taking on no salary.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

No love for our 1-0 Bucks? Man they looked great for most of the 1st half. As Giannis said, they really need to learn to stomp on some of these teams when they build a lead. Offense went back to 2017 in the 2nd half. Hot takes:

Giannis has to stop forcing things all the time. I honestly believe this team is better when he scores 20-22 and makes everyone else better.

Snell has no reason to ever be on the floor.

Great having Irsan back to do the dirty work and hit a couple 3s.

Really hope they can trade Bledsoe.

Divenz.....the rookie looked good. Can knock down 3s and plays all out on defense.

Rotations should be interesting, would like to see more Brown and Wood but not sure where those minutes come from.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was encouraged by the way they played. I don't think they executed well (too many turnovers, for example), but I think their shot selection and defense were much improved and it allowed them to win a game when they didn't play their best for 48 minutes.

I will be curious to see where they stand after 20 games or so and how they play their last 60. If they can play well enough as they unlearn the habits they learned under Kidd and learn new habits they will be a better team. I think third in the East is attainable is they are able to round into form quickly enough

Chris

-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

I don't see how they'd ever trade Bledsoe unless something bad happened and the team is terrible. You don't trade your third-best player when you're trying to be a top team in the East. Though next year Bledsoe will walk as the team will need another $12M to give Middleton a raise. This team is oddly not built for the future, more just a waiting game until Delly and Henson's contracts are off the books.

This team should only get better and better as the players learn the system and Bud learns how to best use the lineups. Probably some changes that could have been made when you're up 16 to start the 4th, but I just chalk that up to effectively being a new team.

I don't see how they'd ever trade Bledsoe unless something bad happened and the team is terrible. You don't trade your third-best player when you're trying to be a top team in the East. Though next year Bledsoe will walk as the team will need another $12M to give Middleton a raise. This team is oddly not built for the future, more just a waiting game until Delly and Henson's contracts are off the books.

This team should only get better and better as the players learn the system and Bud learns how to best use the lineups. Probably some changes that could have been made when you're up 16 to start the 4th, but I just chalk that up to effectively being a new team.

You trade your 3rd best player if you can get a different 3rd best player who is a better fit.

What's the problem with Henson's contact? Come playoff time, he's been one of the best players on the court for the Bucks. Do you mean Delly and Snell?

This is Bledsoe's final year of his contract, so I don't know who you'd get who'd be as good that a team would give up for a one-year rental. Brogdon is a very capable backup PG, but he's not really anything special if you judge him as a starter.

Henson has averaged 10pts and 9 reb per 36 in his playoff career, so if that's one of the best players on the court we're in trouble. He's routinely destroyed by centers with any size advantage, which against Henson is everyone. And even his blocking ability is overrated because he lets the offense get by him so he can get the block.

I actually like Snell and think he's underrated. He's a great defender who can guard every position well but PG and a big C. He led the team in 3pt FG% last year, but it's not his fault a 3-and-D guy doesn't show up on the stat sheet when he's got a coach in Kidd who doesn't like shooting the 3.

This is Bledsoe's final year of his contract, so I don't know who you'd get who'd be as good that a team would give up for a one-year rental. Brogdon is a very capable backup PG, but he's not really anything special if you judge him as a starter.

Henson has averaged 10pts and 9 reb per 36 in his playoff career, so if that's one of the best players on the court we're in trouble. He's routinely destroyed by centers with any size advantage, which against Henson is everyone. And even his blocking ability is overrated because he lets the offense get by him so he can get the block.

I actually like Snell and think he's underrated. He's a great defender who can guard every position well but PG and a big C. He led the team in 3pt FG% last year, but it's not his fault a 3-and-D guy doesn't show up on the stat sheet when he's got a coach in Kidd who doesn't like shooting the 3.

That's what makes Bledsoe attractive, there are always teams who want/need an expiring contract.

As for Henson, you can't just look at points and rebounds. If you watched the last two playoff series you'll know he played very, very well and was a defensive presence. Yes, he can get pushed around by huge centers, no question. But I never said he was Shaq, just that I think his contract is fine for what he gives you.

I keep hearing Snell is a 3/D guy but I really watch him play sometimes and he's not all that great defensively. And he was deer in the headlights in the playoffs shooting the 3. That's not on Kidd, he had wide open looks in the corner and missed horribly over and over again. Snell does nothing better than everyone else on the bench, and most of it worse.

Its nice having a first round pick that looks good out of the chute for once.

Those heated adjustable seats for the players, is it just the bucks bench or were they required or just did put them in for the visitors too?

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Snell has a reputation of being a good Defender because he doesn't do anything else, but he's not a good Defender. The fewer minutes he gets, the better off this team is.

Repeat after me Snell is a good 3pt shooter this is a fact.

Snell has a reputation of being a good Defender because he doesn't do anything else, but he's not a good Defender. The fewer minutes he gets, the better off this team is.

He is but when you shoot like 1.5 a game you aren't helping all that much.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Being a good floor spacer is about forcing teams to stay close to you, which Snell doesn't do because of his slow release and because he doesn't shoot unless he's wide open. He also doesn't work hard enough to get open, and his passive style puts too much burden on their play-makers. It's kind of a matter of gaming the stats to look like a better shooter than he really is. He's actually a very good isolation defender as a sf, but his pick and roll defense, off-ball defense, and defense against quicker guards is really bad.

DDV is perfect for the team. Bledsoe is good if he buys into a role, but I'd be too worried about his knees to commit long-term. Guys like Kemba Walker, who admittedly is a great scorer, are running circles around him. So did Rozier in the playoffs. What made him potentially a "3rd-best player on a contender" was his effectiveness on both ends, but he's looking like more of a glue guy now.

Foot speed in general is going to be a problem on the perimeter. Brogdon and DDV aren't especially quick, Snell and Khris are below average for sf's, Bledsoe has lost a lot of lateral quickness, and Dellavedova is basically a joke in that regard. Not sure what the solution is but I think they end up taking the bad with the good. They will have some nights where they have to choose between giving up lots of 3's or lots of penetration, but hopefully they don't often do both like they did under Kidd's mind-boggling stupid system.

Snell has a good 3 point shooting percentage.

He doesn't create his own shot, he's not a stop and pop shooter. Seriously.. it seems like it takes him 3-4 seconds from the time he decides to shoot til the ball actually leaves his hands. I know it's not 3-4 seconds, but he has a brutally slow release. He needs a ton of open space to TAKE 3's, that's part of why he only takes a few per game.

He doesn't distribute the ball, he doesn't rebound, he is tremendously bad at floor spacing, and he's an average to mediocre defender. That the guy can drain 40% of his wide open threes doesn't make me hate the fact he's a Buck any less.

On RealGM they call him InvisiSnell.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Speaking of invisible, looks like Maker isn't part of the rotation. I get it, with Lopez and Irsan coming in there's only so many minutes to go around. They're going with Wood for now to pick up some minutes. It's a long season, guessing Maker will get his chance. Just goes to show that the roster is deeper this year when guys like Maker, Brown, and Delly can't find minutes.

They were essentially paid by another team to take their second round pick. we owe some future 2nds due to trades so it was an easy way to get one back for nothing.

3 - 0. So far so good. Fun game against Philly on Wednesday night - on ESPN.

As for Henson, you can't just look at points and rebounds. If you watched the last two playoff series you'll know he played very, very well and was a defensive presence. Yes, he can get pushed around by huge centers, no question. But I never said he was Shaq, just that I think his contract is fine for what he gives you.

I keep hearing Snell is a 3/D guy but I really watch him play sometimes and he's not all that great defensively. And he was deer in the headlights in the playoffs shooting the 3. That's not on Kidd, he had wide open looks in the corner and missed horribly over and over again. Snell does nothing better than everyone else on the bench, and most of it worse.

Henson played 4 total games and 86 total minutes over the last two playoff series (just 12 minutes 2 years ago and 74 last year). I don't know what you're remembering, but it's not John Henson.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Speaking of invisible, looks like Maker isn't part of the rotation. I get it, with Lopez and Irsan coming in there's only so many minutes to go around. They're going with Wood for now to pick up some minutes. It's a long season, guessing Maker will get his chance. Just goes to show that the roster is deeper this year when guys like Maker, Brown, and Delly can't find minutes.

Maker was hurt the first two games and wasn't suited up. He suited up for the first time vs the Knicks (and Wood didn't).

Henson played 4 total games and 86 total minutes over the last two playoff series (just 12 minutes 2 years ago and 74 last year). I don't know what you're remembering, but it's not John Henson.

I was remembering the Bulls and Celtics series. Wow, time flies that was 4 years ago.

Archived