Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be disappointed if they can't at least win the Central division. Based on talent they are better than the Pacers or Cavs in my opinion.

Celtics are far and way the best team in the East when you consider they get Gordon Hayward back next year.

I like Lopez as a pick up; now only if they could get a taker for Henson they could maybe fill some other needs including another shooter.

Why did we make him a free agent? We totally left the Bulls off the hook! They would have had to make him a two year offer instead of a one year and a team option! Dumb!

Actually, I would rather have Parker in Milwaukee with that deal and get rid of the two guys just picked up. If Parker does well, we could trade him and at least get something.

The Bucks aren’t even in the discussion for the top two spots.

I really had high hopes for this new ownership.

And they fleeced every tax payer outside of SE Wisconsin while enriching themselves and their buddies by buying up land around the new arena. At least Herb Kohl was a good steward of the team.

Why did we make him a free agent? We totally left the Bulls off the hook! They would have had to make him a two year offer instead of a one year and a team option! Dumb!

Actually, I would rather have Parker in Milwaukee with that deal and get rid of the two guys just picked up. If Parker does well, we could trade him and at least get something.

They said they made a good faith deal with Parkers agent so he could sign a smaller deal with the bulls.

And they fleeced every tax payer outside of SE Wisconsin while enriching themselves and their buddies by buying up land around the new arena. At least Herb Kohl was a good steward of the team.

Couldn’t have said it better. These guys are about making money and to do so they are putting together a team just good enough to make people think they can be contenders.

Let's not fool ourselves here folks...the Bucks were a SIGNIFICANTLY worse basketball team anytime Jabari Parker was on the court the past several years (that he actually suited up for). Yeah its rotten but S happens.

Embiid ended up (?) panning out in a big way, but he was a HUUUUUUGE risk. Wiggins has been equally if not more disappointing than Parker has. Nobody else was remotely worthy of a 2nd overall pick in that draft at the time....it has ended up a very underachieving class.

People are so outraged by this. We cut our losses. Injuries killed him, and he didn’t fit the team. People would be screaming next year when he’s getting 20M to lead the second team. He’s a good kid, hope he has a bounce back year and signs a huge contract. I won’t lose sleep over his one. I love what Christian Wood is doing. I think he’ll be better than our draft pick. Hope we can sign him to a deal. Summer league is meaningless, but man he looks like what we need inside.

I don't understand why we dropped the option on Jabari, but there's obviously some reason which maybe we'll never fully know. Ton of talent on offense, but at times was the worst-rated defensive PF in the game. You can't forget the first two games against the Celtics when he just stood there in the paint and hoped a rebound would come to him, not even guarding his player. He's a guy you have to convince to make an effort on defense, and I can't figure how giving him $20M is going to do that.

People are so outraged by this. We cut our losses. Injuries killed him, and he didn’t fit the team. People would be screaming next year when he’s getting 20M to lead the second team. He’s a good kid, hope he has a bounce back year and signs a huge contract. I won’t lose sleep over his one. I love what Christian Wood is doing. I think he’ll be better than our draft pick. Hope we can sign him to a deal. Summer league is meaningless, but man he looks like what we need inside.

I have no problem with it as a basketball move. However, as others have said, to get no value out of the #2 overall pick after 4 years is a shame (regardless of the circumstances).

Couldn’t have said it better. These guys are about making money and to do so they are putting together a team just good enough to make people think they can be contenders.

Thank you. The Packers went to the State nearly 20 years ago for help with renovating Lambeau Field and got nothing. Brown County had to raise $300 million on its own through a county-wide sales tax. And this is for a team that is a huge draw across the state and has enjoyed a good deal of success (including XLV) since the tax was passed. Yet somehow the state found money for the Bucks? Politics at its worst.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Let's not fool ourselves here folks...the Bucks were a SIGNIFICANTLY worse basketball team anytime Jabari Parker was on the court the past several years (that he actually suited up for). Yeah its rotten but S happens.

Embiid ended up (?) panning out in a big way, but he was a HUUUUUUGE risk. Wiggins has been equally if not more disappointing than Parker has. Nobody else was remotely worthy of a 2nd overall pick in that draft at the time....it has ended up a very underachieving class.

I think it remains to be seen what Embiid turns into.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't see how Herb Kohl was anything but a horrible, meddling owner. His only saving grace was committing to keeping the Bucks in Milwaukee, but as an owner he was really, really bad.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I was disappointed at losing Parker at first, but after seeing the 20 mil figure, hard pass. Way too much money for the risk he currently is.
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. These guys are billionaires and could invest in anything else if it was just about money. They bought the Bucks to win a title. Highly competitive guys that want a ring to show off. That's why, as with Mark A, they get impatient at times and make moves to win now.

Thanks to these Owners, a part of Milwaukee is being revitalized. Never would have happened otherwise. Yay billionaires! Taxpayers hardly got fleeced. Without the Bucks, that's a lot of state income tax that goes bye bye.

Sorry, but that's ridiculous. These guys are billionaires and could invest in anything else if it was just about money. They bought the Bucks to win a title. Highly competitive guys that want a ring to show off. That's why, as with Mark A, they get impatient at times and make moves to win now.

Thanks to these Owners, a part of Milwaukee is being revitalized. Never would have happened otherwise. Yay billionaires! Taxpayers hardly got fleeced. Without the Bucks, that's a lot of state income tax that goes bye bye.

They are less of a basketball team and more of a tax-payer funded real estate venture at this point. You’re right, it’s not an investment in the traditional sense. It’s more of a toy or status symbol. If they ever get bored, they’ll sell the team off for double what they paid.

Are there some economic benefits to the team and the new arena? Of course, and I apologize for marginalizing those benefits - but they primarily benefit Southeat Wisconsin and not the rest of the state. Milwaukee County alone is 4x larger than Brown County, which funded the $300 million Lambeau Field renovation with no state help.

Sure, ‘fleeced’ is hyperbole, but the Bucks marketed their efforts around Giannis and Jabari. We’ll need a new arena just to hold all the banners, right? Thus far, the basket of goods hasn’t lived up to its billing. You can’t blame me and many others for being a little sour.

So it was a cap move made necessary by the insane contracts to Delly, Snell, and Henson.

I don't think Parker is a good player and certainly not at $20m but to not even get a 2nd round pick from the 2nd pick in the draft is shameful.

They said they made a good faith deal with Parkers agent so he could sign a smaller deal with the bulls.

A smaller deal helps Parker? More like the Bulls. Crazy stuff....

It helps both of them. Not sure why they did it, but that's what the agent said.

Archived