Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
Ilyasova played Center 25% of the time during the regular season last year and 40% during the playoffs. I agree it's a C move, but we didn't have A+ money to be throwing around.

It also feels like some insurance in case Parker is gone.

100% agreed and spot on. they have so many bad contracts they are stuck. its just too bad that they have struck out on so many 1st round picks of late, because that is the only way you can you make up for so many dead weight contracts.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By default the Bucks just got better.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

only slightly. the celts will be improved next season with Hayward for a full season. the sixers will continue to improve and the raptors haven't lost anything from last season. right now i think the ceiling for the bucks is 4th.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

only slightly. the celts will be improved next season with Hayward for a full season. the sixers will continue to improve and the raptors haven't lost anything from last season. right now i think the ceiling for the bucks is 4th.

The Raptors lost a good coach.

1 year 4.5 million for Lance Stephenson or 3 years 21 million for Ersan Ilyasova. I would have rather given Stephenson 3/21 and maybe traded Brogdon.

There is zero innovation coming from this ownership at all. Really beginning to think we were sold a bill of goods by these clowns on the level of Pohlad/Target Field proportions. I hope i'm wrong but other than a pure stroke of luck picking Giannis this team would be one of the worst in the league (and would have been for most of their tenure).

I don't think ilyasova is a bad player per se. But I think this contract is indicative once again that this ownership and leadership group just as content to sit and backfill around Giannis with a bunch of mediocre to average guys. I will add that Tony Snell is a really really really bad player. They seem to be of the mindset that one super star plus a bunch of average guys equals a good team and that just isn't the case in today's NBA.

I don't think ilyasova is a bad player per se. But I think this contract is indicative once again that this ownership and leadership group just as content to sit and backfill around Giannis with a bunch of mediocre to average guys. I will add that Tony Snell is a really really really bad player. They seem to be of the mindset that one super star plus a bunch of average guys equals a good team and that just isn't the case in today's NBA.

If anyone will benefit from Bud being the coach, it'll be Tony Snell. I'm excited to see what he does with an actual coach running an actual offense that encourages 3 point shots, and who understands the difference between a good result and a good decision.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I don't know what's a bigger farce...Cousins signing with the Warriors or the beat writers actually trying to sell that he had no offers and had to take a discount. SOMEHOW the "discount" just so happened to be with the Warriors.

"The free-agent market dried up on Cousins, who struggled to find a team willing to give him a long-term contract at the kind of max-level salary that he would've received prior to the injury."

Realllllllllllllllly dried up. No it's called ring chasing morons.

Earth to Adam Silver...the Warriors, Lakers, and Rockets may make you alot of money, but there's 25 other franchises out there that are in irrelevance. Why should their fans even care when it's a predetermined outcome before the season even starts who's going to be left standing?

I don't know what's a bigger farce...Cousins signing with the Warriors or the beat writers actually trying to sell that he had no offers and had to take a discount. SOMEHOW the "discount" just so happened to be with the Warriors.

"The free-agent market dried up on Cousins, who struggled to find a team willing to give him a long-term contract at the kind of max-level salary that he would've received prior to the injury."

Earth to Adam Silver...the Warriors, Lakers, and Rockets may make you alot of money, but there's 25 other franchises out there that are in irrelevance. Why should their fans even care when it's a predetermined outcome before the season even starts who's going to be left standing?

Name one NBA player who's come back from a torn Achilles tendon in under 1.5 years and played ate a high level.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Name one NBA player who's come back from a torn Achilles tendon in under 1.5 years and played ate a high level.

human highlight reel.

Why is he a moron for chasing a ring? We talk all the time about how players are in it just for the money, so what's wrong with a player wanting to win a ring?

Why is he a moron for chasing a ring? We talk all the time about how players are in it just for the money, so what's wrong with a player wanting to win a ring?

The only thing that matters to fans is loyalty. They dont care if players get rings or money.

The only thing that matters to fans is loyalty. They dont care if players get rings or money.

Which is ironic, because fans don't offer loyalty in return.

Why is he a moron for chasing a ring?

One missed comma and the conversation spirals into tangents. Pretty sure it was supposed to be, "...it's called ring chasing, morons." The morons being the beat writers.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

He isn't the moron. The morons I am referring to is the sports media that is actually trying to sell it as he couldn't find an offer EXCEPT from the Warriors who for some unknown reason have unlimited salary cap space and just happen to have more money to dole out. Hurt right now or not Boogie is a top 15+ player when on the court and they legitimately have 5 superstars when healthy now.

You're telling me there weren't 10 teams out there offering AT LEAST that amount of money ESPN, Yahoo, etc? BS.

It was the same knee twice.

Eh, Cousins would have had to play for a discount, would have taken a half-season to get back to form, and a one-year contract suits his situation. Though I'm sure "nobody else offered" was just from his agent doing damage control, but if you're already in that situation, the Warriors are the best fit. Absolutely no need to rush him back from the injury because they'll still be winning, and maybe you get a ring out of it.

Brook Lopez coming to Milwaukee. Hard to see Parker's salary fitting on the team now unless he signs the qualifying offer.

Edit: Actually, looks like we got Lopez for $3.4 million. That seems like a steal. Defense isn't great, but nice to have a center that can score the ball.

Brook Lopez coming to Milwaukee. Hard to see Parker's salary fitting on the team now unless he signs the qualifying offer.

Edit: Actually, looks like we got Lopez for $3.4 million. That seems like a steal. Defense isn't great, but nice to have a center that can score the ball.

Definitely like the signing. It will be nice having a center that can shoot the three and create more space for Giannis, as well as more lanes for drive and kick opportunities from Middleton, Bledsoe, and Brogdon. It is going to be an exciting season!

His 3pt percentage has been increasing the past few years. Seems like his numbers relate a lot to how much he's the focal point of the offense and how good the cast is around him. For the most part I don't see him putting up really big numbers next year, but instead be more of a guy who just opens it up for Giannis and guards the particular big centers on defense. The nights he gets numbers I imagine are going to be the nights where the other team focuses too heavily on Giannis and Bledsoe's ability to drive the lane. Milwaukee has an ok offensive lineup and probably will take a good number of 3s since everyone on the roster but Giannis and Bledsoe can hit them. But they've got the players to throw out a heck of a defensive lineup next year, especially if Playoff Thon makes more of an appearance in the regular season.

Absolutely no reason Milwaukee shouldn't be fighting Toronto for the top spot in the East next year.

His 3pt percentage has been increasing the past few years. Seems like his numbers relate a lot to how much he's the focal point of the offense and how good the cast is around him. For the most part I don't see him putting up really big numbers next year, but instead be more of a guy who just opens it up for Giannis and guards the particular big centers on defense. The nights he gets numbers I imagine are going to be the nights where the other team focuses too heavily on Giannis and Bledsoe's ability to drive the lane. Milwaukee has an ok offensive lineup and probably will take a good number of 3s since everyone on the roster but Giannis and Bledsoe can hit them. But they've got the players to throw out a heck of a defensive lineup next year, especially if Playoff Thon makes more of an appearance in the regular season.

Absolutely no reason Milwaukee shouldn't be fighting Toronto for the top spot in the East next year.

More like third spot behind Boston and Philly.

Archived