Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jesus that McCoy kid. That signing is the Sam Shields signing for the Bucks IMO.

Watch this summary of the Arizona game. Dude is raw but STILL hit 33/10. If he quits fumbling the ball around and gets a little less soft.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fz9r24l44Y

I agree, it’s a free second round pick at a position of need.

Jesus that McCoy kid. That signing is the Sam Shields signing for the Bucks IMO.

Watch this summary of the Arizona game. Dude is raw but STILL hit 33/10 and ate Ayton up down the stretch. If he quits fumbling the ball around and gets a little less soft.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fz9r24l44Y

Looks a bit like Greg Monroe to me. Not very quick to get a good shot at the rim even when he's in great position. Looks like every bunny is an adventure. Not very quick to get his hands up and grab a board. Kind of clumsy. Will still get his share of points in the paint and rebounds due to size and ability to hold position. Bit of a liability in help defense due to pedestrian mobility. Still should have been drafted, but I can see why teams would think he won't be very effective in the modern NBA. Monroe had his share of games where he bullied other teams, but he was also a drag on the team at times.

Unlike other huge 2nd-round/undrafted center steals like Okur, Marc Gasol, Jokic, and Brad Miller, McCoy doesn't seem to have the potential to develop unique ball skills that make him a match-up nightmare for opposing centers. I'm glad they signed him and he could be useful in certain match-ups, but I don't expect him to be a regular in the rotation.

Khris Middleton reportedly will turn down proposals for a contract extension. He has 2 years and $26 million left on his contract. Middleton will definitely turn down his player option for $13 million next season and become an unrestricted free agent after this season.

Would it be wise of the Bucks to explore trading Middleton? If they do decide to go that route, what would the return look like?

There are rumors that beginning with the 2021 draft high school players are going to be eligible again. That means that you’ll basically have two draft classes in one and it will be loaded. I believe there’s a chance we won’t even have a first round pick that year because of the Bledsoe trade. If they trade Middleton I’d love to see them add a first round pick in that draft even though it’s still a few years out.

As I understand it, teams are somehow restricted to offering 120% of the player's current salary for extensions like that. So what Milwaukee would have been offering him isn't what they think he's really worth, and is way lower than what Middleton will receive in free agency. It only makes sense that Middleton would turn it down and shouldn't be looked at as some indication he wants to leave Milwaukee.

If let's say the Hawks offer Parker 3 years for 30 million and the Bulls offer 4 years for 38 million, which offer is deemed best? Which one do the Bucks have to match? Most money per season or most money?

Why am I even a fan of this turd organization? It's like groundhogs day every offseason when we pay out large sums of money to garbage or declining/old talent. It just never ends....Plumlee, Snell, Teletovic, now an old Ilyasova on like his 6th or 7th stop since he left here blah blah blah. We'll never have any decent salary space. Woohoo for the excitement going into the new building.

If let's say the Hawks offer Parker 3 years for 30 million and the Bulls offer 4 years for 38 million, which offer is deemed best? Which one do the Bucks have to match? Most money per season or most money?

Parker would sign the contract with the team he prefers. I believe that the amount of years and money offered is irrelevant and it is strictly Parker’s choice on the offer he wants. The Bucks then have the choice to match the offer that Parker agreed to with the other team or let him walk.

Why am I even a fan of this turd organization? It's like groundhogs day every offseason when we pay out large sums of money to garbage or declining/old talent. It just never ends....Plumlee, Snell, Teletovic, now an old Ilyasova on like his 6th or 7th stop since he left here blah blah blah. We'll never have any decent salary space. Woohoo for the excitement going into the new building.

I too am baffled on the signing. I was hoping for a couple one year deals for players and to create flexibility the next couple years to at least have the option of signing a big name player that may want to pair up with Giannis on the Bucks. Signing players like Snell and Ilyasova to contracts that run through the rest of Giannis’ contract here is concerning to me. Giannis will start to get increasingly frustrated with the lack of high end talent around him.

Parker would sign the contract with the team he prefers. I believe that the amount of years and money offered is irrelevant and it is strictly Parker’s choice on the offer he wants. The Bucks then have the choice to match the offer that Parker agreed to with the other team or let him walk.

Thank you.... that makes sense.

Is Giannis not a guy people want to come play with? The Bucks are in the terrible eastern conference so they should’ve been an attractive spot for someone. Especially with Lebron thinking about leaving.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Is Giannis not a guy people want to come play with? The Bucks are in the terrible eastern conference so they should’ve been an attractive spot for someone. Especially with Lebron thinking about leaving.

No cap room to sign anyone, wasted it all on players that have done nothing.

I mean it just feels like they are settling for the 5th-6th seed in a terrrible eastern conference.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Community Moderator
The new ownership group is basically running the Bucks like the old ownership group, in all of its frustrating ways at least. Fill the roster with middling talent at a high cost, draft poorly (if for no other reason than continually being in the non-lottery group), all to make it to the playoffs as the 6-8 seed hoping to make it to a second series. Yech.

He's a guy who can play the 5, can defend and can space the floor. He's effectively a bargain-bin-find version of the type of center the Bucks are looking for.

And this was probably mostly Budenholzer really pushing hard to sign him since he played in Atlanta. He's made a long career for himself out of always being a guy that coaches always want on the team for some reason.

Brandon Jennings’ $2.2 million contract guarantee date has been moved to August 1st from July 1st. Jennings was under the impression that his contract for next season was guaranteed, but the bucks are still deliberating on if they will pick up his contract. At this time, Jennings is NOT under contract for next season with the Bucks.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
He's a guy who can play the 5, can defend and can space the floor. He's effectively a bargain-bin-find version of the type of center the Bucks are looking for.

And this was probably mostly Budenholzer really pushing hard to sign him since he played in Atlanta. He's made a long career for himself out of always being a guy that coaches always want on the team for some reason.

Except he isn't a center. He is a stretch PF. He is Teletovic 2.0. Blah. Were you confusing him with Zaza Pachulia?

I would've preferred we resigned Greg Monroe with that money...

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
3rd year is not guaranteed
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Ilyasova played Center 25% of the time during the regular season last year and 40% during the playoffs. I agree it's a C move, but we didn't have A+ money to be throwing around.

It also feels like some insurance in case Parker is gone.

Archived