Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
One thing I vaguely remember details on is that supposedly ownership nixed a big trade near the deadline a few years ago. This was at the time Kidd was presumably at his most powerful so my best guess is that it was Jabari going out, since reports afterwards show he and Kidd basically hated each other. So in a weird way Kidd might've done one move that was hugely beneficial since he wasn't a Jabari support. Problem of course was that almost every other move Kidd did was brutal, and supposedly that trade was for Dwight Howard

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I vaguely remember details on is that supposedly ownership nixed a big trade near the deadline a few years ago. This was at the time Kidd was presumably at his most powerful so my best guess is that it was Jabari going out, since reports afterwards show he and Kidd basically hated each other. So in a weird way Kidd might've done one move that was hugely beneficial since he wasn't a Jabari support. Problem of course was that almost every other move Kidd did was brutal, and supposedly that trade was for Dwight Howard

There was trade discussions between the Bucks and Thunder to send Russell Westbrook to Milwaukee for Middleton and Jabari. It seemed that the rumors were legit and the Bucks were seriously considering it, but wanted Westbrook to commit to Milwaukee beyond just the one year left on his deal back in 2016. Westbrook wouldn’t commit beyond the one season and the Bucks moved on. I think back to this discussed trade frequently and think of what the Bucks could of been and would be if Westbrook came to Milwaukee.

There was trade discussions between the Bucks and Thunder to send Russell Westbrook to Milwaukee for Middleton and Jabari. It seemed that the rumors were legit and the Bucks were seriously considering it, but wanted Westbrook to commit to Milwaukee beyond just the one year left on his deal back in 2016. Westbrook wouldn’t commit beyond the one season and the Bucks moved on. I think back to this discussed trade frequently and think of what the Bucks could of been and would be if Westbrook came to Milwaukee.

That rings a bell too. Besides the poor shooting issue of him and Giannis together with neither being shooters, man would they be a crazy combo attacking the other team.

That could be the trade, like I said I don't remember for sure. But one detail I remember is that it was supposedly a done deal and all that was left was ownership sign off. So could be two different ones we're talking about, idk. And I remember Howard's name but of course this is all just rumor mill stuff so who knows

NBA Finals:

Golden State over Bucks

Not really a Bucks or NBA fan, but do follow a bit in recent years. I think the Bucks are going to make it to the finals due to their depth...I think it helps them win series. But something tells me the Golden State Warriors experience and talent prevails. Guessing like a 4-2 series.

Unfortunately I think it is Milwaukee's golden opportunity to win it all and I think it will sting when they come up short.

I could see that. GS is still built for the playoffs because they can tighten their rotation. However, I do sometimes get that weird 2014 Heatles/2004 Lakers vibe from them. In other words, I think the right team can exploit all the depth they lost to add and retain stars.

I could see that. GS is still built for the playoffs because they can tighten their rotation. However, I do sometimes get that weird 2014 Heatles/2004 Lakers vibe from them. In other words, I think the right team can exploit all the depth they lost to add and retain stars.

Oh totally. This is the first year in way too long where you feel like a good handful of teams could realistically win it. If it was always like this I might watch more and be a real fan. In the recent past it was essentially a two team race, maybe a third of you were generous.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks have best record in the NBA and it's January 26th. Team is really fun to watch.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Bucks have best record in the NBA and it's January 26th. Team is really fun to watch.

Adding Lopez was huge. A big that can step outside and shoot opens up the floor so much. He doesnt have to score a bunch, he just has to present an option/threat. Bledsoe also, seems like hes playing more aggressive in Buds system and just become a more whole version of himself, if that makes sense.

I do love Paul Hennings suggestion of maker / smith for dedmon.

This is disappointing. The bucks really went out on a limb for him and yes he doesn’t play much now but Lopez is only on a 1 year deal and he gets to play on a winning team. I hope he gets dealt to a bad team like the hawks so he can get the pt he wants,

Edit: just ran it through the trade machine and smith can’t be traded with another player. I would be ok with a carter for Thon trade and then let wood actually get some minutes instead of hanging out in Oshkosh.

I don't get the logic of expecting him to be happy to be on a winning team. What's he supposed to do, brag about sitting on the bench for a contender when he's selling used cars in 30 years? Some gm will probably take a chance on him if he gets minutes and shows more flashes, but that's not gonna happen in Milwaukee. It would be kind of stupid of him not to ask for a trade.

I don't get the logic of expecting him to be happy to be on a winning team. What's he supposed to do, brag about sitting on the bench for a contender when he's selling used cars in 30 years? Some gm will probably take a chance on him if he gets minutes and shows more flashes, but that's not gonna happen in Milwaukee. It would be kind of stupid of him not to ask for a trade.

That’s a little dramatic he did sign a 4 yr /11 million dollar deal. I understand him wanting to play more but my point is that Lopez is only here this year. Who knows what could happen next.

I don't get to watch that many games but I have seen him show flashes, he is a 7 footer who can shoot I would think there is some upside there as at least a role player. That he is buried on the bench for one of the best teams in the NBA is no reason to give him away. The report says the Bucks are still high on him and they did pick up his option.

Thon Maker has asked to be traded as he is looking for more playing time. Sounds like the Bucks have been discussing trades involving Maker, but the Bucks are still high on him and are not sure if they want to move him.

Sources: Maker wants to be dealt by Bucks

The first paragraph of the linked article says:

The representative for Milwaukee Bucks center Thon Maker has told management that he would prefer the franchise to trade Maker to a team that would provide a larger role for the former lottery pick, league sources told ESPN on Saturday.

Semantics, but that doesn't say that Maker asked to be traded; it says that his agent asked for him to be traded.

Of course an agent isn't going to want his client sitting on the bench playing only a handful of minutes a game. If his client is playing more minutes it means more stats which means a likely higher contract in free agency, which means the agent makes more money.

He's coming up on the end of his rookie deal. Probably wants to showcase him a bit so he can get a decent contract.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That’s a little dramatic he did sign a 4 yr /11 million dollar deal. I understand him wanting to play more but my point is that Lopez is only here this year. Who knows what could happen next.

It's not dramatic at all. Taxes take a lot of that money, agent fees, don't know if you can trust financial advisers, don't know the financial game yourself, no other marketable skills, want to help your family too, never had any money before, inflation between now and old age... by no means is he exempt from having to work some crappy job at some point.

And even if he was, why should he accept sitting on the bench when one impulsive or desperate gm could double or triple his career earnings? Regardless of what $11m does for him, how much more would a raise do? How does sitting on the bench for a good team compensate him for that? It may be a moot point because he doesn't look good, but gm's have a long history of over-paying for flashes of potential. There's absolutely no reason he should just sit there and be content to trade that opportunity to play for a contender. He's not a late-career guy who's already set for life - not even close. And regardless of what happens with Lopez, they're still going to try to have better options than Thon. If you want to blame anyone, blame the gm's who hand out bad contracts based on potential, because they're the ones who make this a no-brainer move for Thon and his camp.

Bucks better learn how to defend the 3 or they'll be a 2nd round playoff exit at best.

It's one game.

Down what, 19 at one point in the late 3rd/early 4th, and brought it back to within 3 in the last two minutes against one of the best teams in the league on the road? The Bucks teams of old would not have done that.

I was going to ask how OKC has Westbrook, George, Adams, Schroeder, and Noel, but then I saw that they are $45M over the cap this year. The NBA salary cap is as much of a joke as the MLB salary cap.

The Bucks didn't play well last night but at the same time, they got pretty unlucky. The Thunder are an average 3 point shooting team at best, something like 20th in the league. They made over 50% last night, including George going 8-12 (the last several with fairly decent defense). He's a 38% three point shooter. Sometimes it happens.

They played poorly on the road against a good team, Giannis had an awful first half and yet they still managed to have it a 1 possession game with a minute to go. That's the sign of a good basketball team. Can't win them all, but to be right there on a night that they clearly didn't have it and the Thunder shot the lights out from three...that's not that bad.

Saw Anthony Davis requested a trade. Can't see how the Bucks match up given that we have no first round picks to trade and no real young talent on the roster that would make sense, but it's fun to think about him playing with Giannis!

Becoming clear to me what this team needs- a heater off the bench. The Bucks bench is what I would describe as "solid." Guys that don't hurt you, fit into their roles, etc. But they don't have anyone who can come into a game and put up 10 points in 4 minutes.

Archived