Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2018 - 2019

homer
Christian Wood recalled. Come on Bud, put him in the game. I would love to see a rotation of Sterling and Donte at guards with Thon, the Freak and Wood/DJ. Maybe even a whole quarter. Let us see what these young kids can do and it will help make our off season decisions a little easier.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Christian Wood recalled. Come on Bud, put him in the game. I would love to see a rotation of Sterling and Donte at guards with Thon, the Freak and Wood/DJ. Maybe even a whole quarter. Let us see what these young kids can do and it will help make our off season decisions a little easier.

They are competing for the best record in the NBA, home court advantage throughout the playoffs. Now is not the time for try-outs. Plus, they know what they have in Wood, he doesn't need to play a bunch or at all for them to evaluate him.

That said, Bud has shown a pattern of giving a young player a bunch of minutes for a few games. My guess is he would love to give Wood some run, but when everything is clicking as it has been, makes it hard to disrupt that.

Side note, it's amazing how they've been able to cruise through so many games. And by "cruise" I don't mean giving half effort or playing lazy. They've been able to build leads, and as the NBA goes sure the other team has runs but you rarely feel threatened. All this while Giannis and the team in general still haven't hit their ceiling.

I think Bud's management of Giannis' minutes will pay off later in the season. Coach Hot Dog Neck (Kidd) loved to play him and Khris way too much.

To be fair, Bud has had the luxury of sitting starters (including Giannis) very often in the 4th quarter due to blow-outs. I don't think their minutes would be any less this year if they had mostly close games.

I think Bud's management of Giannis' minutes will pay off later in the season. Coach Hot Dog Neck (Kidd) loved to play him and Khris way too much.

To be fair, Bud has had the luxury of sitting starters (including Giannis) very often in the 4th quarter due to blow-outs. I don't think their minutes would be any less this year if they had mostly close games.

2017-18 Breakdown for Giannis:

40+ minutes: 17/75 = 23%

38+ minutes: 13 more = 30/75: 40%

2018-19 breakdown:

40+: 2/34 played ~6%

38+: 3 more. 5 total out of 34. 15%

They haven't won by blowout in 1/2 their games. Bud is simply better at managing players minutes, setting player expectations and having guys in a fixed rotation to prevent in-game fatigue. Giannis comes out with 4 minutes left in the first quarter every game.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Bucks have a much better bench too.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

With a back to back this weekend and 3 games in 4 days, I would be surprised to see Giannis get Friday off. The Saturday game against the Raptors will be important for possible tie breaker scenarios.

You might see a little of that Christian Wood run on Friday if that ends up happening.

Nice to see Leuer still playing. He has made himself a nice career. I didn't think he would last this long.

He almost got memorialized by Giannis in that game too. Paschke dissed Leuer in the most rude way too. It was tremendous. "You used to play here. You don't anymore"

So I am going to ask it. Can this team win it all?

This is probably as good a year to win it all as any. LeBron..er LA is rebuilding. Boston and the Warriors have been "off" so far. Other teams have played well, but we have beat all the best teams, so its not like the record is a mirage.

I think they "can". I don't think they're favorites. That's still the Warriors. Especially if Boogie comes back, and plays even 60% of the way we know he can play.

I think this is finally the year the Bucks break through and WIN A PLAYOFF SERIES!!!! OMG OMG OMG and maybe even 2, or even 3, and get to the finals. I think the East is the Raps and the Bucks. The Celts just don't seem to be a serious contender (convince me otherwise), and the Pacers might have a record a slight notch below the BUcks and Raps, but I just don't see it.

The West.......wow. There's a whole lotta teams within a few games of the top seed. I think ultimately it's the Warriors, the Nuggets or maaaaaaaybe the Lakers. I think they're still a year away though.

Yes. Funny, just a couple months ago the goal was to win a playoff series. Now it will be very disappointing if they don't at least make the Eastern Conf finals. In fact, if they have home court I'll be disappointed if they don't reach the NBA finals.

Long way to go yet, and trades, injuries, etc. could play a role. But as it stands today, they absolutely COULD win it all. Warriors are still the biggest threat, I have a feeling the regular season has become a bit of going through the motions for them and they'll turn it on in the playoffs.

Bucks have as good a chance as anyone. Big game against Toronto tomorrow night.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Bucks really Daddied the Hawks tonight. The depth is fun to watch.

They almost had 12 guys in double figures.

Huge game tonight, Bucks have been really hot & they well be rested with no one playing more than 20 minutes (or at least barely over). Raptors are a team that has been a thorn for many years so hopefully we can keep swinging that trend.

Also there is a lot of talk about Giannis for MVP but even as great as he has been... Harden has been unreal. Giannis is almost “held” back because he has a really nice supporting cast that helps with scoring & winning. He doesn’t need to score 35 to 40 a game and doesn’t. Think he is definitely 2nd right now but Harden really needs to dip a little bit.

Proud member since 2003 (geez ha I was 14 then)

FORMERLY BrewCrewWS2008 and YoungGeezy don't even remember other names used

After teh Bucks leading early, Toronto clawed their way back in the 2nd and took the lead in the 3rd. The Bucks had a couple nasty cold streaks that allowed Toronto to build a nice lead. Then the Bucks would claw back close only to have another cold streak. Pretty even game overall that we unfortunately lost...

I think they "can". I don't think they're favorites. That's still the Warriors. Especially if Boogie comes back, and plays even 60% of the way we know he can play.

I think this is finally the year the Bucks break through and WIN A PLAYOFF SERIES!!!! OMG OMG OMG and maybe even 2, or even 3, and get to the finals. I think the East is the Raps and the Bucks. The Celts just don't seem to be a serious contender (convince me otherwise), and the Pacers might have a record a slight notch below the BUcks and Raps, but I just don't see it.

The West.......wow. There's a whole lotta teams within a few games of the top seed. I think ultimately it's the Warriors, the Nuggets or maaaaaaaybe the Lakers. I think they're still a year away though.

They beat us last year when they DIDN'T have Kyrie or Gordon. That team is WAAAY too talented and their coach is WAAAY too good to not turn it on this year.

And I can't write off a team with Embid, Simmons and Butler, petulant as two of them may often be.

It's just too bad Parker didn't pan out. I feel like we're another Middleton level player from being a legitimate threat. We're gonna have to be a Piston's type team(a whole team, not a couple superstars)...and I don't think that's enough to beat the Warriors as they're currently configured, much less if they get Boogie back and he contributes 10-15 good minutes a game, hardly a unreasonable prospect...in fact, if Draymond keeps struggling, he could fill his role a little more and distribute the ball more than he has....

[sarcasm]Of course we know we can count on Thon playing about 10x better when the playoffs roll around than he does during the regular season(which isn't saying much as of now)...so that might help...[/sarcasm]

I had Toronto picked to come out of the East even before they beat the Bucks in Milwaukee. That defense is amazing. And I wonder if the Bucks are going to see that similar strategy going forward: let Giannis have his, but focus on stopping Lopez and Middleton.

Jimmy Butler's agent must be pulling his hair out in frustration. All Butler had to do was keep his mouth shut with the 76ers for 2/3rds of a season. That way other GMs could just chalk up his attitude to a problem with Minnesota. But nope, he's a headache in Philadelphia, too. Who would actually want this guy on their team, let alone pay him a ton of money?

I had Toronto picked to come out of the East even before they beat the Bucks in Milwaukee. That defense is amazing. And I wonder if the Bucks are going to see that similar strategy going forward: let Giannis have his, but focus on stopping Lopez and Middleton.

Jimmy Butler's agent must be pulling his hair out in frustration. All Butler had to do was keep his mouth shut with the 76ers for 2/3rds of a season. That way other GMs could just chalk up his attitude to a problem with Minnesota. But nope, he's a headache in Philadelphia, too. Who would actually want this guy on their team, let alone pay him a ton of money?

I don't think that was the strategy. They let Giannis take 3s, but every team does that. He just happened to make 3 of them. Other than that, he had to fight for his points. Toronto did a good job rotating and getting out on the Bucks 3 point shots, while the Bucks were too often late on the other end of the floor. It happens.

This will be fun, very little separates the top 5 teams in the East.

Archived